Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

how many hats are too many

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thoreau kept two chairs at his cabin one for himself and one for company. As for my hats I keep one for myself , a felt or two, and a straw or two or three, as I like straws and wear them more than I do felts.
Rotation happens as I buy one and let go of another.

Aviator1

New in Town
Too many hat's ?

DSC00486.jpg

My wife says I bought too many hat's in too short of a time. I bought the Charcoal Stylemaster, liked it so much I bought the Acorn one 2 months later. Personally, I don't think it's enough.....maybe a moonstone one would go nicely with them.....

Anybody else have this problem?

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
Well if it was posted as a serious ? then I'd say that if they're spending all their time on the shelf and not being worn then probably to many.If you're a collector and have them for resale reasons probably no such thing as to many.Now if it's a personal fetish to have all the hats you can get your hands on you probably need help.Just
remember when you finally kick off somebody's either going to sell them or give them away,like anything else you can't take it with you so enjoy while you still can.

Hi

I think three different hats a day, morning,noon, and night, for everyday of the year is CLOSE to having to many.
That being said, I need to acquire a few more.
Best regards
CCJ

-30-

A-List Customer
Enough is enough
&
too much is too much!

Really though -

Question:
What do you give someone that has "everything"? (hats)

Answer:
Storage space.

Regards,
-30-

Aviator1

New in Town
Dinerman, That's a lot of hat's. I guess I have a goal now.

Oh, and I have many more hat's, I normally try to limit myself to one every 6 month's or so.

m0nk

One Too Many
My wife has luckily stayed positive about my hat obsession, although she did say that she needed me to admit I have a problem before I could buy another. So I did, and she let me...

I don't think there's "enough" hats unless you have one in every color, for every style you think you'll need. Of course, we should keep in mind that back in the day, many men had just one hat, a few if they were lucky, and they certainly didn't care for them as well as we do now. But they could also afford a new one if something happened to the one they had.

fashion frank

One Too Many
This is a tuff question ,I have a fedora for just about every color of suit I own,that being said ,I also have a black homburg and I just bought a tan homburg last night in an auction on E bay.
I guess the old adage applies here " so many hats so little time" ;)

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails