Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many hats do you have...?

How many hats do you own?

• 1-10

Votes: 25 27.2%
  • 10-20

Votes: 22 23.9%
  • 20-30

Votes: 14 15.2%
  • 30-40

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • 40-50

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • 50-60

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • 60-70

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 70-80

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • 80-90

• 90-100

• Total voters
Here's a visual take of my hats. Click on the picture, please.

Great show, Aureliano, beautiful hats there. I see you have several Worth and Worth. I assume you like them, how do they compare with the vintages and with your customs?
I have considered buying one from them, because they have some vintage looking styles that are pretty nice... Worth it?

Alex

Practically Family
I have:10

Brandless Stingy grey brim 1 1/2" size XL
Scala Crushable Wool Felt Hyde Park black brim 2 1/2" size L
PanamaBob Cuenca Teardrop brim 2 1/8" size 7 3/8"
Hopkins Milan grey brim 2 1/4" size 7 1/4"
Kenilworth Homburg brown brim 2 1/2" size 7
Stetson Pisa grey brim 2 1/8" size 7 3/8" LO
Dobbs grey brim 2" size 7 3/8"
Dobbs Royal Coachman prussian blue brim 1 7/8" size 7 1/2" LO
Steven Stratton brown brim 2 1/4" size 7 3/8"
Adam taupe brim 2 5/8" size 7 3/8"

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Hmm, let's count:

Modern:
Cappelo Wool Stingy (grey)
Christy's Adventurer (sable)
Akubra Fed IV (Carbon grey)
Stetson Temple (mink)
Stetson Latte milan weave
Penman custom fedora ala Public Enemies (Black)
Black Sheep Hat Works custom fedora (ox blood)

Vintage:
Stetson Golden Century (brown)
Resistol OR Clone (not sure of what the exact color is, sand perhaps?)
Resistol Gotham I (orbit grey)

plus an Adventurebilt on order

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Here's a visual take of my hats. Click on the picture, please.

Great show, Aureliano, beautiful hats there. I see you have several Worth and Worth. I assume you like them, how do they compare with the vintages and with your customs?
I have considered buying one from them, because they have some vintage looking styles that are pretty nice... Worth it?
Totally worth it. Their hats are of amazing quality. Best of any modern made I've seen. They are made, I believe but could be wrong, at the same factory where Cervo and Barbisio come from, in Sagliano Micca.

Last edited:

Crazy Legs

Familiar Face
I currently have 6. A VS Sportaire in "Whiskey", a VS "Silver Mist", a VS "Black Cherry, A Stetson Temple in a charcoal grey, a Akubra Campdraft in "Silverbelly and a Akubra Campdraft in "Bluegreen". The Silverbelly Campdraft is with me today.
IMG_0596.jpg

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Sounds good man. So do you have a favorite? Or a top 5?

I am going to sell or trade a couple today - but they are too small for me so probably too small for you too. If I don't count my VS hats, my current favorites are:

Royal Deluxe Stetson
c1446b9a.jpg

Royal Scot
739d3328.jpg

Stetson Playboy
c9fb3801.jpg

Knox Westlite
e9881d2c.jpg

Stetson Twenty-Five
234b957c.jpg

scooter

Practically Family
Just sitting here doing a rough count, 12 or 13 hats, to include;
2 Akubras
1 Marathon
3 Stetsons
4 flat caps
2 Tilleys
1 WIDE brim straw

I think that's it, but my wife thinks it is approximately 11 too many. Her premise being, you can only wear one so why have 12!

randooch

I'll Lock Up
I currently have 6. A VS Sportaire in "Whiskey", a VS "Silver Mist", a VS "Black Cherry, A Stetson Temple in a charcoal grey, a Akubra Campdraft in "Silverbelly and a Akubra Campdraft in "Bluegreen". The Silverbelly Campdraft is with me today.
IMG_0596.jpg

Are those spots or blotches on that hat, Crazy Legs? Great proportions and brim binding; a good fit for your visage.

John N

New in Town
How many hats do you have?

Hi everyone,

New member here (although I've been lurking for awhile) so greetings from Lancaster County, PA where we still have "road apples" on our streets. I've only recently starting wearing fedoras on a semi-regular basis. While looking at all the posts it seems like I see a lot of you posting pictures wearing a lot of different hats. I currently have three. So I was wondering, how many hats do you currently own?

John

My wife thinks too many, and I actually haven't counted. We all wear hats, but some of us just like having a huge variety to pick from, while others are happy to have just a few they like and wear. You have color, style differences, felt vs straw, etc. so there are many reasons to have multiple hats. It just depends on your preferences and your budget. Many of mine are Ebay finds that are not extraordinarily expensive, but you can also spend many dollars for customs. I'm sure I have at least 50.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21