Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many hats do you have...?

How many hats do you own?

• 1-10

Votes: 25 27.2%
  • 10-20

Votes: 22 23.9%
  • 20-30

Votes: 14 15.2%
  • 30-40

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • 40-50

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • 50-60

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • 60-70

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 70-80

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • 80-90

• 90-100

• Total voters
View attachment 153795 Greetings All:
Okay...this is the new view from my perch. I actually wanted to lay on the couch and maybe have a place for others (ha) to sit so here’s a pic before i mess it up. Goodwill gets about a hundred pounds of boxed books and i should be severely beaten for what i put in the garbage bag!! I know it would make a thread or two happy. Argg
The downside....i have no idea where my babies are. I wanted my Churchill 50...it’s on top in the corner. No way i can get there without breaking a bone.
Man...this hat stuff is dangerous work!!
Be well and safe. Bowen

Why can’t it be someone with a 7 5/8 hat size who needs to reduce their collection by 150 hats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hats Matter

One of the Regulars
I counted a total of 25 hats. The collection includes 1 Resistol XXXX (George Strait) cowboy hat I bought about 18 years ago in Virginia City, Nevada. The rest of the collection is all from Optimo with the exception of one Panama fedora that I purchased from Newt at the Royal in Honolulu. Jim Tomasi told me that Optimo did the blocking on the hat.

The rest being all from Optimo include 2 Milans, 2 Panamas (1 a Super Fino), 1 Homburg and 19 Fedoras. As you can see they are all in the Optimo hat box with Post It stickers to inform me of which hat is in the box

IMG_1240 (2).JPG IMG_1241 (2).JPG

So, a variation on a theme: how many of us have so many hats we forget what we have and go out and buy another one of the same hat?
That's just a good engineering principle known as redundancy.

My problem is thinking I'd like to wear a certain hat and not knowing where in the hell it is. Or like Bowen, it's in the box on the bottom behind all the other boxes.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

So, a variation on a theme: how many of us have so many hats we forget what we have and go out and buy another one of the same hat?
I have never done that with hats BUT I do it with other clothing items.....sometimes I buy two, in case I love it so much that when I wear one out I avoid the heartache as I another ready to go....I realize the flaw in that as I will eventually go through the heartache when the second one wears out....so technically I could buy a third to be really safe.

I have never done that with hats BUT I do it with other clothing items.....sometimes I buy two, in case I love it so much that when I wear one out I avoid the heartache as I another ready to go....I realize the flaw in that as I will eventually go through the heartache when the second one wears out....so technically I could buy a third to be really safe.
My wife would tell you I was notorious for bringing home tapes and DVDs of movies we had previously seen.

And I wish I'd have bought two of every concert t-shirt I ever had (but in a larger size). Wearing a Blackmore's Rainbow Tour '76 shirt now would be cool.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

I spent last summer looking for a vintage Stetson Montecristi Panama in an OR style with no luck. When I was pulling out boxes to put away my straws in the fall, I opened a box and there sat a Stetson Panama OR.
Wore it the entire summer the year before then forgot about it this entire summer. I went ahead and posted it in the new hats thread again.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
1C08FEAC-D302-4446-A733-2E8C51C74259.jpeg
Ha ha
I’ve told several stories around here about finding and losing hats. They all always turn out with happy endings....eventually.
I told one of finding 5 or 6?? when i went to throw out shipping boxes. I was “irritated” none of them were Borsalinos. (Spoiled).
Another where i found a gorgeous unworn Borsa and a pristine 7X CB with original box, twin to another i knew i had. I still swear Scotty beamed that one down because i still don’t remember it!! (duhh)
Again i lost that Borsa??? and this re-arrangement i re-found it and a brand new unworn modern Stratoliner. No idea where it came from. Scotty i guess.
Anyway...these others stories help relieve my sanity worries (some).
Now...somewhere in this pic is that Strat and Borsa. Hell if i know where. (Sigh)!!
This hat stuff is hard work!! Lol
Be weller. Bowen

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Well said, Bowen. I chalk my forgetfulness up to CRS syndrome!

ps; I like your filing system! And if it works like mine, it's always "the one on the bottom"!

Randy

View attachment 153963
Ha ha
I’ve told several stories around here about finding and losing hats. They all always turn out with happy endings....eventually.
I told one of finding 5 or 6?? when i went to throw out shipping boxes. I was “irritated” none of them were Borsalinos. (Spoiled).
Another where i found a gorgeous unworn Borsa and a pristine 7X CB with original box, twin to another i knew i had. I still swear Scotty beamed that one down because i still don’t remember it!! (duhh)
Again i lost that Borsa??? and this re-arrangement i re-found it and a brand new unworn modern Stratoliner. No idea where it came from. Scotty i guess.
Now...somewhere in this pic is that Strat and Borsa. Hell if i know where. (Sigh)!!
Be weller. Bowen

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
...of course, I'd be glad to keep one of those 7X CB's for you sometime :)

View attachment 153963
Ha ha
Be weller. Bowen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic