Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many jackets are too many jackets? RMC Freeman

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
The Nagoya store had all sizes in brown,
Appreciate the detailed reply! I think you sold me on it! Who sells it in Japan? Thanks man!
no black the last time I checked. I would want a black one if deerskin. Another thing with getting stuff direct from Japan is no return, but the saving is about 500. Or wait for the horsehide one.

111Joel111

Familiar Face
Indeed. Much like most jackets with knits this jacket creates a bulbous gut:
View attachment 544946
I can’t say that I do have a recommendation for a substitute. I prefer a Halfbelt style over these low adjustment belts. I prefer my leathers to fit like this, with taper below my lats and flare at the waist:
View attachment 544947
I also like a collar that has some spread across the shoulders. But this isn’t a comparable to the style you’ve selected. @MrProper has done a very nice job of taking the low adjustment belt style and defeating the belly bulge. I tried to do this but ended up with a tube:
View attachment 544948

111Joel111

Familiar Face
Indeed. Much like most jackets with knits this jacket creates a bulbous gut:
View attachment 544946
I can’t say that I do have a recommendation for a substitute. I prefer a Halfbelt style over these low adjustment belts. I prefer my leathers to fit like this, with taper below my lats and flare at the waist:
View attachment 544947
I also like a collar that has some spread across the shoulders. But this isn’t a comparable to the style you’ve selected. @MrProper has done a very nice job of taking the low adjustment belt style and defeating the belly bulge. I tried to do this but ended up with a tube:
View attachment 544948
I see now... the love handles! Those jackets are awesome so streamlined, super cool! Thanks for sharing them!

111Joel111

Familiar Face
The Nagoya store had all sizes in brown,

no black the last time I checked. I would want a black one if deerskin. Another thing with getting stuff direct from Japan is no return, but the saving is about 500. Or wait for the horsehide one.
Awesome, I'll check that out! Thanks a million!!!

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
@MrProper has done a very nice job of taking the low adjustment belt style and defeating the belly bulge.
Thank you very much, I am honored ;)
I think this bulging always comes when several factors come together.
1. too much material around the belly
2. tight at the hips
3. minimal too long (optional)

If point 2 applies, then the jacket lies on the hips (as can be seen in the picture) and of course pushes everything up a little bit, if point 1 applies. By point 3 this is then still strengthened.
On my Lewis Leathers, I solved the problem by fixing point 1 with a leather tailor.
With my PHWM the length is perfect, the hip just so that it looks tight but does not lie on and too much material on the belly I have also not.
In this respect, it fits quite well.
Depending on the shape, this may not even occur so strongly, if enough belly is there to fill out the many material.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I tried this jacket on when I visited their Orange Street Osaka store back in June. I really like the back design which reminds me of this 30s Californian.

The jacket was a terrible fit. The shoulders were way too wide yet they felt restrictive at the same time.

Sometimes when you put on a jacket you don't even have to look in the mirror to know it looks great. This was one of those cases I didn't even have to look in the mirror to know it sucked.

Also, the hookless zipper is total crap. I had a feeling that the store clerk knew this to be the case because he quickly came up to me to zip it up for me (before I would break the thing myself). The deerskin felt thin, not as nice as the deerskin FW uses.

I didn't take any fit pics because it was a terrible fit.

RMC Orange Street

IMG_3500.jpeg

Californian back style

IMG_7929.jpeg

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
that guy modelling the jacket wear 2 size too big I think. easily 5cm off shoulder on both arms.
the model on the first page cinching the waist adjuster too much, maybe it is a sign that the proportion is off or the model is forced to upsize for the jacket to fit on certain part while looking sloppily too big elsewhere?

as for how many jackets I think single digit including denim jackets because you might find you wear denim jacket more than leather.

Observe

One Too Many
Appreciate the comment! Anyone else feel that way? Would save me a bunch of dollars!
Sorry to be negative if you like it but it does look misproportioned on the flat lay. The neck hole is huge. I also think the S&S model is wearing it at least a full size too small which doesn't help.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
I tried this jacket on when I visited their Orange Street Osaka store back in June. I really like the back design which reminds me of this 30s Californian.

The jacket was a terrible fit. The shoulders were way too wide yet they felt restrictive at the same time.

Sometimes when you put on a jacket you don't even have to look in the mirror to know it looks great. This was one of those cases I didn't even have to look in the mirror to know it sucked.

Also, the hookless zipper is total crap. I had a feeling that the store clerk knew this to be the case because he quickly came up to me to zip it up for me (before I would break the thing myself). The deerskin felt thin, not as nice as the deerskin FW uses.

RMC Orange Street

View attachment 544974

Californian back style

View attachment 544973
Yikes … thanks Marc, you’ve put my mind at ease lol. I’m similar in size or shape to you …. You just saved me $2500!

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Yikes … thanks Marc, you’ve put my mind at ease lol. I’m similar in size or shape to you …. You just saved me $2500!
I have a strong opinion about this jacket but I'm not a RMC hater, I was actually thinking of buying this jacket myself as the design looks great and it 'only' costs ¥270k in Japan. But this is simply not a good pattern.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
I have a strong opinion about this jacket but I'm not a RMC hater, I was actually thinking of buying this jacket myself as the design looks great and it 'only' costs ¥270k in Japan. But this is simply not a good pattern.
I hear you, I’ve always liked a good number of Rmc jackets, they just don’t seem to fit (me) all that well despite measurements that should work.

Its also what you said about the leather that resonates … from certain pictures it looks great while others make it look too thin.

111Joel111

Familiar Face
Thank you very much, I am honored ;)
I think this bulging always comes when several factors come together.
1. too much material around the belly
2. tight at the hips
3. minimal too long (optional)

If point 2 applies, then the jacket lies on the hips (as can be seen in the picture) and of course pushes everything up a little bit, if point 1 applies. By point 3 this is then still strengthened.
On my Lewis Leathers, I solved the problem by fixing point 1 with a leather tailor.
With my PHWM the length is perfect, the hip just so that it looks tight but does not lie on and too much material on the belly I have also not.
In this respect, it fits quite well.
Depending on the shape, this may not even occur so strongly, if enough belly is there to fill out the many material.
Thanks for that! Sounds like this jacket is a challenging one.

111Joel111

Familiar Face

RMC Orange Street

View attachment 544974

Californian back style

View attachment 544973
That's so crazy! I'm so glad I posted this thread. The jacket looks awesome but it's hard to know whether it's worth the price. Thanks so much sharing that! Really helps!

111Joel111

Familiar Face
that guy modelling the jacket wear 2 size too big I think. easily 5cm off shoulder on both arms.
the model on the first page cinching the waist adjuster too much, maybe it is a sign that the proportion is off or the model is forced to upsize for the jacket to fit on certain part while looking sloppily too big elsewhere?

as for how many jackets I think single digit including denim jackets because you might find you wear denim jacket more than leather.
Cheers! That's an answer I was hoping for... need to keep my lusts in check

111Joel111

Familiar Face
Sorry to be negative if you like it but it does look misproportioned on the flat lay. The neck hole is huge. I also think the S&S model is wearing it at least a full size too small which doesn't help.

I wouldn't say negative... it's really helpful. I'm the same size as this S&S model luckily, I pretty much just copy him for sizing. You guys have a much shaper eye than me so I really appreciate all the observations and opinions. Cheers!

111Joel111

Familiar Face
Good to know! It's so tricky buying stuff like this online. Thanks man!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner