Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How much more length does this bomber jacket need?

How much longer should this bomber be to fit me well?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Either everyone around here is blind, or is too polite to speak the obvious, but I'm neither. So here it is: those jeans fit you like they would a woman. They're too low riding and and cut skin-tight from top to bottom. In fact, in the first photo, the fly is being pulled open, so they're too small too. If you tried that jacket on with normal fitting pants or trousers, the jacket would probably look fine.

schitzo

Suspended
Either everyone around here is blind, or is too polite to speak the obvious, but I'm neither. So here it is: those jeans fit you like they would a woman. They're too low riding and and cut skin-tight from top to bottom. In fact, in the first photo, the fly is being pulled open, so they're too small too. If you tried that jacket on with normal fitting pants or trousers, the jacket would probably look fine.

Doctor have you viewed the photos on page 4? If not please do, and then tell me what you think about the length of the jacket. Thx

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here

:rolleyes: It was pointed out but in a much nicer way.

I am rather "pear shaped" myself (horrible expression but you know what I mean) and have a hard time finding wide legged trousers. It's not about being hyper manly. I just don't like how slim pants look on me.
So it's either vintage or repro for me. To go into a store and just buy off the rack has become too frustrating. Yes, it's also a vintage thing but not only that. It's about finding something that flatters your body shape imo. (Sorry again for not answering your original question. I don't think adding lenght will solve the prob.)

Last edited:

Plumbline

One Too Many
based on the P4 photos .... 2" body and 1" arms gets my vote ....... the major would say it's too long and too big ( private joke ... schitzo will get it ... Sloanie will copy it to the major :D)

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
So here it is: those jeans fit you like they would a woman.

Haha. Of course they do, that's what current fashion does. Almost every young chap in my town walks around in pants that fit like this. It's not passing judgement to observe that. Besides, the fit is obviously to his taste and we can't argue about taste, can we?
Whether an A-2 fits in this scheme of current fashion or not is another matter, and again a matter of taste.
As far as I'm concerned, the last time men in tight trousers looked well-proportioned was the mid/late 18th century "tights" of the aristocracy. I doubt that the majority today would see it the same way, which only goes to show...

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Haha. Of course they do, that's what current fashion does. Almost every young chap in my town walks around in pants that fit like this.

I'm pretty sure I read that before they made mens jeans in the skinny fit current trend, the guys actually just bought womens jeans.

Schitzo, If you wanna rock the skinny jeans, more power to you I just think you need to make adjustments for short jackets though to compensate for the different proportioning. Low rise skinny jeans and a very short cropped jackets, I don't know if any man can pull that off and it not look ill fitting.

schitzo

Suspended
To be honest chaps when I put the jacket on for the snaps I didn't even think about what jeans I had on.

Re men wearing women's jeans I'm fairly sure it was Russell Brand who used to do that. For the record, when you're skinny like me you don't need big baggy jeans, as jeans with enough space for the owner to fit both legs into one of the legs are not a good look, trust me on that. I found that out when I tried the Iron Heart 55s. I'd say my preference atm is slim straight (like the Lee 23oz 101s) and those on page 1 are definitely more towards the slim side. After they came out the wash they're a bit tighter than I remember but I'm hopeful that after a few weeks of wear they'll loosen up again and be comfortable once more. If those of a certain age think they look ridiculous or effeminate so be it, i can't honestly say I give an airborne fornication as I quite like them, so please, don't mind me. Though admittedly, upon reflection, there may be better jackets to wear them with!

Last edited:
Looking at the new photos, I am of the opinion that the jacket is of the correct length for you and I personally would not add a single inch to it, as it right now looks and fits the way that seems just right to me. Simply put, it doesn't look either too short, or too long. Whether or not it is above the beltline in the pants you're wearing is another matter and one that is irrelevant but again, looking at the photos as of whole and ignoring the jeans, it looks not just correct on you in terms of proportions but also, considering the style of the jacket, right now it fits you more in the manner these flight jackets are suppose to fit then how I imagine it would if longer so, yes, I'd leave it as it is.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Haha. Of course they do, that's what current fashion does. Almost every young chap in my town walks around in pants that fit like this. It's not passing judgement to observe that. Besides, the fit is obviously to his taste and we can't argue about taste, can we?
Whether an A-2 fits in this scheme of current fashion or not is another matter, and again a matter of taste.
As far as I'm concerned, the last time men in tight trousers looked well-proportioned was the mid/late 18th century "tights" of the aristocracy. I doubt that the majority today would see it the same way, which only goes to show...

Yeah, I'd love to see that 18th century style come back! I'd go for pants one size too tight, and a frock coat one size too big. With a Tricorne hat.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Well, this has opened up another can of worms;

'What's the best pants to wear with a vintage flight jacket?'
(we have already got a thread on that, haven't we?)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay