Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How much snow do you have?

lindylady

A-List Customer
We had a big ice storm last night. You could hear it hitting the roof and side of the building. Snow showers are going to come in this afternoon, they say. Schools and many businesses have cancelled.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
We are *finally* getting our first big storm of the season, but where I am (the banks of the Hudson River south of Peekskill) it's mostly been sleet and freezing rain. It began as snow last night, but there's no more than an inch or two (I suppose there's more inland and at higher elevations). But frankly, the icy stuff that's been falling is even more dangerous, driving-wise... I am very glad to be working at home today!

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Snow?

None. What are you talking about? Snow!? It's 70 degrees outside, the sun is shining and there is one cloud in the sky (way off in the distance!). Snow!
I don't think so.

Oh yeh. Did I mention I'm in the Arizona desert? lol

TaxMan1

One of the Regulars
70 degrees at lunch, but they said that'll be the high for the about a week. Gonna be about 10 degrees below normal, which would make it 60/40! Hey, pitchers and catchers report Saturday..........

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Nothing. Absolutely nothing. As usual. :mad: I'm exactly opposite GoldLeaf, I'm afraid, I positively loathe this state's climate. Of course that may be because I used to live in Minnesota and Wisconsin, respectively, but I know I'm also far from the only one who has issues with Carolina's weather.

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
We've got about 3-4" of snowy slushy icy mess here in DC.

Markbcvg said:
4" of snow, but 2" of freezing rain and windy. There are still 80,000 without power in southern Ohio. Power has been out here twice for 7 and 4 hours. Not much fun when the temperature is 15 degrees...

Mark

Around Christmas of '95, my family in the Columbus area had the power knocked out by an ice storm. It was out for a WEEK straight. Temps were in the 20s and 30s. Not fun at all.

Markbcvg

New in Town
Orgetorix said:
We've got about 3-4" of snowy slushy icy mess here in DC.
Around Christmas of '95, my family in the Columbus area had the power knocked out by an ice storm. It was out for a WEEK straight. Temps were in the 20s and 30s. Not fun at all.

Ouch! Not fun at all indeed. After the second restart of the power, it has remained on. I feel lucky now, especially after your post Orgetorix.

Mark

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
It's raining here (nothing new for this area!), but we had a bunch of snow in January. One afternoon we had aboug 2 1/2 inches dump in 40 minutes. That was the night it took me nearly 4 hours to drive the 13 miles home - at one point going 0.4 mile in an hour. Eeek! :eek:

Y'all stay safe and warm!!

hotrod_elf

A-List Customer
Here in Georgia it 27 degrees. No snow. I'm use to the cold but I have been spoiled over the last 3 years. We have had no snow. I do kinda miss it after living in Milwaukee for 15 years. I miss making snow people and sleding down very steep and dangerous hills with only liquid to warm you up. (college days)

Jay

Practically Family
The snow wasn't so bad in Jersey but the rain and dropping temperatures made for a lot of ice. Just 10 minutes ago I slid into a curb and cracked the wheel of my car. Anyone got a rim for a 1987 Pontiac Trans Am they're willing to sell? Or trade? I've got a nice Dark Blue pinstripe DB suit that's about a size 42...

52Styleline

A-List Customer
Nothing here in the Puget Sound area but the usual rain. Our snow pretty much stays up in the Cascade Mountains. It is supposed to be fair this weekend and then begin storming again next week with significant snow fall up in the mountains. Good for the summer water supply and for the skiiers.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Baron Kurtz said:
non-drift 17". Closed the university for some reason. When did people forget how to deal with a little bit of snow?

bk

If life hands you snow,...then make snow persons. Or go ice skating, or skiing, or whatever you fancy for winter fun. :) Eh what?

Miss Match

New in Town
Hmmm... kind of hard to tell, since everyone started shovelling before I got up the courage to wake up and look out the window. There's about a foot and a half of snow on my picnic table, and I think there was about four inches before that. But walking through the snow today, some of the drifts from the plows were up to my waist and beyond.

(adding insult to injury, the stores I had been walking to were all closed, and I missed the bus on the way home, because I couldn't get through the drifts to the stop fast enough!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy