Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How NOT to look like Indiana Jones?!

c1972.jpg

c.1972... my afro was much bigger the year before.

Glenville86

Familiar Face
I have about eight brown leather coats/jackets and several brown fedoras. Have a couple black leather coats and hats as well. I personally like brown in hats and coats. I am now in my fifties and don't care what people think. And yes - I have a couple Indy style jackets as well because I like them.

Fermenter

New in Town
I used to look like Art Garfunkel, but he got older.

:rofl:

Thanks for all the replies - maybe I just need to embrace my inner Indy :D

I'm waiting on a new Riverina and Territory to arrive in 'sand' colour - that's a new one for me, but I figured I'd prefer wearing a paler colour and wider brim in the summer. Not sure how well they'll go with the leather jacket, that's more a cool weather thing. Something seems awkward to me about a light hat in cool/wet weather, but I'll at least be able to try the combination.

What other colours do folks like to wear with a dark brown jacket?

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
I have a few brown leather jackets and brown fedoras, and tend to wear the combination of them fairly often...add to that the fact that I carry a messenger bag and you can imagine all the Indy comments. I decided that if I was to resemble a fictional character, Indy is certainly not the worst one to emulate. I'm just glad I don't have red hair so I don't get Mythbusters comments...:p

Yesteryear

One of the Regulars
Interesting thread, I get "Indiana Jones" comments ALL THE TIME!! lol I even get them when wearing my grey fedoras! :eek:

Because of this I never purposely pair a brown fedora with my brown A-2 Aviator jacket, then the "Indy" comments will REALLY start to flow in. :rolleyes:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
I get a lot of Indy comments too. But just a couple weeks ago some young teen boys told me they liked my Freddy Krueger hat. I was wearing a Silverbelly Open Road. Freddy Krueger?

humanshoes

One Too Many
When I walked into my local diner yesterday a small boy sitting in a booth with his mother said, "Look mom, he's got a Indiana Jones hat too." I was wearing a mid-brown open road style hat with a field vest, which doesn't qualify as Indy wear in my book, but the boy keyed in on the hat and was quite excited. I asked the boy if he liked Indiana Jones and he told me he has an Indy hat and a leather jacket and even a whip. His mother told me he wears them all the time and that she has trouble getting him to wear anything else. I'm 60 years old and the boy was probably all of seven or so, but for that moment in time we were just a couple hat guys talking about a shared passion. I say wear what you like and do it with style and the really cool people (like that little boy) will always appreciate it.

McGeezer

Familiar Face
I've had it happen to me once or twice...I usually reply "No I not, I'm his cousin South Carolina Jones. Everyone in the family says I better looking."

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points