Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How often do you wear a hat?

How often do you wear a hat?

• Total voters

Dutchman

New in Town
Hi Swoopy. Parker Melvin and I have traded emails this week and he says he's backed up about 8 to 10 weeks so it'll be a while before you see any pix from me but I'll post some when I can.
Bryan

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
OK, I want to know one thing about this poll above.

So we are on a forum/message board about hats.... right?

So who is the one guy that voted "rarely" for how often he wears a hat?

And, WHY is such a person at a hat message board??

LOL

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender

LOL

We have MANY areas of the Lounge, from Hats to Movies, Radio, Ladies Room. Not everyone here is a "hat nut" or whatever the term. I am sure someone who enjoys The Fedora Lounge chose to take the poll, and answered honestly. You don't have to have a hat to be here.

As for me, I wear my hat every day. Straw in summer or warmish fall days, felt all the rest of the time. Always. I sometimes reach up to take off my hat, and it already is! My hats protect me from the sun, wind, cold, rain. Been wearing hats full time now (not baseball caps) for over 10 years.

Last edited:

azhiker

One of the Regulars
Well, I'm not just a hat nut, but a Fedora hat nut! I wear mine every day, if I go outside, to shop, work, walk the dog, only time I dont is to work on car.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Sometimes the "tone" of comments, the dry humor, the "wink" of the eye can't be seen or sensed through the written post. I guess the gentle reader must be very careful to look out for the "LOL" or the "ROTFL" or the :rolleyes: :D ;)

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Maybe because it wasnt funny.
Yep, faulty premise; Despite its moniker TFL is not a forum that deals with hats exclusively.

Comedy has to be based on truth. You take the truth and you put a little curlicue at the end. Sid Caesar

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sometimes the "tone" of comments, the dry humor, the "wink" of the eye can't be seen or sensed through the written post. I guess the gentle reader must be very careful to look out for the "LOL" or the "ROTFL" or the :rolleyes: :D ;)

Very true. More than a few times my written e-mail messages to colleagues or friends (not meaning communications to the FL) are taken in the most negative possible light, having none of the lightness with which I thought I wrote them. Now I write differently for e-mail and websites than I would in a person-to-person conversation. Actually written communication like we're doing, is a minefield. But despite that, we write.

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
Very true. More than a few times my written e-mail messages to colleagues or friends (not meaning communications to the FL) are taken in the most negative possible light, having none of the lightness with which I thought I wrote them. Now I write differently for e-mail and websites than I would in a person-to-person conversation. Actually written communication like we're doing, is a minefield. But despite that, we write.

Good points. That's why I add "LOL" when I am joking.

Still, I've been around enough to know that sometimes people don't WANT to take something as "LOL" and WANT to make an issue of it.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Its not a 'want,' out of nowhere. Yeah, lol at the expense of the 'one guy' who voted rarely, whether its important to him or not, questioning the validity of him even being here. Your continued pretense of light-heartedness doesnt ring true, afaic. Its all mean-spirited.

Just calling it as I see it.

azhiker

One of the Regulars

LOL

I don't see this as mean spirited. I agree wholeheartedly Some folks just want to stir stuff up. I found this site by 'Goggling' Fedora hats'..not vintage wristwatches, not what kind of girdle to wear, not leather coat care, but 'Fedora hats', I guess that name..Fedora Lounge CAN be a little deceiving. I do enjoy reading about all the other stuff, but make NO MISTAKE, I come here to research HATS, the thousands of other stuff on here is just noise to me. Oh well, hope I am allowed to remain a member after that. MV, you rock my friend!

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I don't see this as mean spirited. I agree wholeheartedly Some folks just want to stir stuff up. I found this site by 'Goggling' Fedora hats'..not vintage wristwatches, not what kind of girdle to wear, not leather coat care, but 'Fedora hats', I guess that name..Fedora Lounge CAN be a little deceiving. I do enjoy reading about all the other stuff, but make NO MISTAKE, I come here to research HATS, the thousands of other stuff on here is just noise to me. Oh well, hope I am allowed to remain a member after that. MV, you rock my friend!

Hats is the main thing I look at, just out of interest. Although I sneak a peak at the "for ladies only"sometimes, when I get tired of looking at men in hats. The ladies are easier on the eyes.

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
Oh well, hope I am allowed to remain a member after that. MV, you rock my friend!

Ha, ha. That's cool. I just found it interesting that I added "LOL" specifically so that people knew I was just joking... and yet, that was completely ignored and it was decided that something "meanspirited" was being said. But, I don't mind that much, I guess. If people are constantly on the edge of their seat preparing for instant outrage, I guess that is their druthers, after all.

I say let's just move on and accept that when people put "LOL" on a post it is supposed to just be a joke.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up

Yeah, Id see your point if it was a constant thing, but this is just this one guy, is all. And, as you agree with MV, there are people here who agree with my POV, as well. So, as MV said, 'whatever,' and I will continue to call em as I see em.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I just found it interesting that I added "LOL" specifically so that people knew I was just joking... and yet, that was completely ignored
No, no....not at all. I think that everyone knew you were attempting a joke. I didn't for a moment think that you were picking on Spitfire (He's stated dozens of times that he doesn't were hats); My whole point was that your joke was lame......That's all....[huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn