Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How often do you wear your hat?

Simon82

One of the Regulars
More and more...

...as I sport less and less underneath!:eusa_doh:

I'm very light-complected, so it helps to keep the sun off my pink pate. In the fall and winter, most days I've been wearing my Adventurebilt "Chris Cooper" Seabiscuit fedora, since it goes with just about anything, and deflects sun and rain with equal aplomb.

In the summer, it's a 4 1/2"-brim straw cowboy hat or el-cheapo straw fedora. And sometimes a Tilley.

adamgottschalk

A-List Customer
I wear at least one fedora every day; different ones for different outfits. The only times I don't wear one are when I'm only going out for only a minute or am going to a place that has no good place to put my hat once I'm inside (outpatient infusion, for example).

ortega76

Practically Family
I wear a hat almost everyday. On the rare occasion it's not a fedora, it's a driver's cap or an ivy cap. In the autumn, my day-to-day hat is a brown Champ stingy. It matches my corduoroy work coat.

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I wear one of them every day now. It is actually a comforting throwback to my days in the Corps when to be uncovered out of doors was a serious no-no.

If I leave my house without a lid I feel "wrong" somehow. Just as I did in the days after I was discharged.

deanglen

funneman said:
You are bidding on one rather unusual men's bowler/DERBY hat.

Very stiff, box says "Steel" so it must be silver/grey. No size tag, measure 23 inches around the inside. Leather sweatband appears to be missing. No rips, tears, stains or odors. Edge of brim is razor sharp.

Purchased at estate sale in Hollywood, reportedly feaured in a movie in the early 1960s.

Starting bid: $0.99
Shipping: $100.00

Very funny! lol lol lol lol

dean

ledsled

One of the Regulars
Daily

I wear a hat every day, but not all the time.

I usually take a hat with me when I leave in the morning, but leave it in the car when going inside my destination. I have to be careful not to take hats with any leather in the summer (no leather hats, no leather sweat bands).

A hat is a must every time I walk the dog. I don't know why, but it makes the boring task more interesting!

czack

One of the Regulars
I don't walk out the door without a hat on. My styles do vary, depending on where I am going and what the weather is. Even though it's winter, the sun is still shining and I must protect my chrome dome.

dfego

New in Town
I wear my hat (I've got but a single fedora) almost any time I leave the house when I'm dressed up like normal. Too casual or too dressed up (i.e. t-shirt or a suit) and I usually opt to leave it behind.

WideBrimm

A-List Customer
Always

I wear a hat every time I step outside the door. And I really do feel naked without it. A couple of years ago I decided to make a habit of it to protect my chrome dome from the sun. At first it was just ball caps. (I've got one on a door knob for when I step outside for just a minute.) Then gradually I began to switch to panamas, cotton fedora styles - Eddie Bauer, Filson, and finally to regular felt, and fur fedoras. I'm now to the point it's mostly fedoras, most of the time. And I tend to forget to take them off when I come inside. :)

Pilgrim

One Too Many
I generally wear a hat any time I'm outside. Through the Thanksgiving period it has been ball caps, since I've been running a smoker (smoked turkey for Thanksgiving is our family tradition) or fixing things. I generally wear felt hats for business.

And any time it rains, I generally wear a felt hats. I believe hats are meant to keep rain off your head, so that's what I use them for - Open Road, Stratliner, Whippet, doesn't matter - a hat is meant to be a hat.

Twitch

In the summer much more often since I'm outside more- probably 3-4 times a week in a straw. In winter like 1-2 times a week felt fedora.

Mr. Sable

A-List Customer
jamespowers said:
"Originally Posted by Michaelson
Everyday, regardless of weather.

Regards! Michaelson"

My hat wearing proclities exactly. :D

Regards,

J

Ditto that, even in the snow. Though tomorrow, it won't be a fedora like I wore today, it'll be the Soviet fur one with the earflaps until the cold snap ends. Man, I miss Los Angeles.

riccardo

Practically Family
Good morning,
everyday!
I've started wear hats only during fall winter; then I continued during spring summer...now, everyday!
I couldn't stay hatless, at home I wear a wool beret.

Riccardo

jeboat

One of the Regulars
Every day rain or shine!

Like many of you I wear a hat of some sort every time I go outside, including doing yard chores.

All my neighbors and friends recognize me from afar because of my headwear.

The last 2 years I have taken 2 hats to Europe on vacation. I wear a modern modified Stetson onto the plane and pack a driving type Irish tweed for a change out. They are not my best but if one was lost or stolen it could be easily replaced. I have noticed that hats are not that common there any more than here.

In Italy a waiter that had served me several times referred to me as "Mr. Jones" as in Indy Jones. I just smiled...

jeboat:) :) :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot