Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How tall are you, Ladies?

How tall are you?

• Total voters

Red Diabla

One of the Regulars
5'10, and it's such a curse sometimes. I'm taller than all the guys I know!

Wait...WHAT?!

I'm your height, and I don't remember the guys in Texas overall being shorter than 5'10" when I visited/worked there seven years ago! Isn't everything and everyone supposed to be bigger in Texas? I can't believe all the "tall drinks of water" are in hiding! :)

RD

CinnamonCinders

New in Town
I'm 5'1", but never really consider myself short. I like how I can wear killer heels and still be pint sized.

Saying that, I'm also in the supermarket-shelf-climbing brigade and as was mentioned earlier in the thread, the lapdog yapping at the Doberman type :)

As for clothing, it is a bit of an issue when buying off the peg, trousers need hems, and unless shopping in petite ranges, waistlines and sleeve lengths are also all over the place. This is why I love making my own stuff so much.

I also find that the off the peg petite stuff assumes that small gals have huge hips and waist and no boobs. So I guess small = moomin in the eyes of many manufacturers. So not true. The vertically challenged can be just as elegant as taller ladies. A diamond ring is just as lovely as a diamond necklace.

W-D Forties

Practically Family
I'm 5'1", but never really consider myself short. I like how I can wear killer heels and still be pint sized.

Saying that, I'm also in the supermarket-shelf-climbing brigade and as was mentioned earlier in the thread, the lapdog yapping at the Doberman type :)

As for clothing, it is a bit of an issue when buying off the peg, trousers need hems, and unless shopping in petite ranges, waistlines and sleeve lengths are also all over the place. This is why I love making my own stuff so much.

I also find that the off the peg petite stuff assumes that small gals have huge hips and waist and no boobs. So I guess small = moomin in the eyes of many manufacturers. So not true. The vertically challenged can be just as elegant as taller ladies. A diamond ring is just as lovely as a diamond necklace.

I'm 5ft 2" (in the morning, about 5ft after a long day). I'm generally in a school workshop with huge lads and have gotten used to being called an 'oompaloompa' and being laughed at for not being able to reach the board!
A work collegue described me as 'fun sized' recently. Not sure how to take that!

Shirin

A-List Customer
5' 7", I'd be happier if I were 2 " shorter! Growing up I wanted to be small and petite, but darn those genes~

Last edited:

CinnamonCinders

New in Town
I'm 5ft 2" (in the morning, about 5ft after a long day). I'm generally in a school workshop with huge lads and have gotten used to being called an 'oompaloompa' and being laughed at for not being able to reach the board!
A work collegue described me as 'fun sized' recently. Not sure how to take that!

I never liked the "fun sized" comment, maybe I'm just a bit of a greedy pig, but one fun sized chocolate bar never seems enough...

zombi

A-List Customer
I'm 5'10". :)

Goodness! Looks like a lot of gals on here are rather tall! I'm taller than many of the girls I know.

Last edited:

shazzabanazza

Practically Family
Im 5'10" :)

One thing I dont like about being tall is not being able to wear heels. I hate looking too tall. Sounds silly I know but thats just me LOL!

kymeratale

One of the Regulars
I am 5'5", but always wished I were taller, 5'10" at least. I have a friend who is 6'4" and she wears heels all the time. She is also a model, so you can imagine how striking she is.

crwritt

One Too Many
Its all down hill from here, I think both my parents have shrunk. I here doing yoga helps with the spinal compression also try measuring your self in the morning before gravity does its job on you.

I do yoga, I dance and do weight training. Whatever I can do to maintain flexibility. I may have just been under the illusion
that I was taller than I am. Usually when the nurse measures me, she doesn't announce the results.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko