Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How tall are you, Ladies?

How tall are you?

• Total voters

Sunny

One Too Many
AnnaMaria said:
I'm 5'2 and I like being this short. I need very little fabric when I make clothes (it's hard to buy clothes though).

But I sometimes wish I was taller when I can't reach what I want at the grocery store. I once asked a man if he could help me reach a soda and he asked if I wanted him to lift me!
That is awesome. lol lol lol

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
5'5"

But I was only 5'2" until I was 20, then I put on three more inches by age 23. I am a freak of nature, I suppose.
I just wish my above-waist dimensions matched my below-waist ones! From the waist up, I am smaller both vertically and horizontally, and arms are short, I have a pin head... if all that was a bit better balanced with the big butt and long legs, I would probably be 5'9" or so, and able to find suits that fit.
No problems with pants as I hate them so much I never, never wear them. Maybe I hate them because they don't fit! They are just always too uncomfortable for words, and so unflattering. Give me a dress any day.

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
I'm 5'4", ok, 5'3 3/4" (close enough)

Oddly enough, I am the shortest woman on my Mom's side in 4 generations. [huh] I hit 5'3" by the time I was 13 and stopped. By 18 I had eeked out another 1/2 inch, and did another 1/4 sometime after that. Even my twin is slightly taller. Ah well, my hubby may have to reach the tall shelves for me, but I don't have to duck for all the low hanging branches! lol

ShortClara

One Too Many
I'm 5' 1" and proud! Short girls are always in the front of pictures, and make most any man feel tall and manly in comparison :)

sophia la shok

One of the Regulars
5'9". and a half. drat, always forget that half. i hate being tall. my fella is 2" shorter so i get too scared to wear heels. unfortunate cos now i cant walk in them cos i never learnt how. booo. tallness sucks. i'd give anything to be4 inches shorter.

or just have fluerre walk around with me all the time so i didnt feel so bad about it. ;)

MissS

A-List Customer
My sister in law just sent me this piccie from my nephew's christening last weekend. I'm standing next to my muuuuuch younger 14 year old sister (I'm in purple) and I look like a midget! And I'm in heels!

100_4461.jpg

lyburnum

Practically Family
5ft 4. My family make fun of me for being the shortest out of the lot, and everyone thinks my younger sister is the older of the two of us, partly because she's that much taller.

SpitfireXIV

One of the Regulars
5'9"

i own heels, but i rarely wear them. maybe if it would stop snowing for 2 days complete, i might break out a pair!

/end of "i hate winter" rant

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
MissS said:
My sister in law just sent me this piccie from my nephew's christening last weekend. I'm standing next to my muuuuuch younger 14 year old sister (I'm in purple) and I look like a midget! And I'm in heels!
100_4461.jpg

I think you look beautiful!
Nikki

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
I am 5'5" and that used to be considered slightly above average. I was happy to be that size as I felt it was the perfect height. That was back in the 50's and 60's when you read articles on the "sad plight" of tall girls, tall considered 5'7" or more (sad because women were not supposed to be as tall as men and the average man was about 5'8" back then).

I am the tallest person in my immediate family. My father and brother lost height as they got older, I did not. Father really got short before he died, my brother is now about an inch shorter than I am. Mother, who was never more than 5'2" is now a shade under 5 feet.

karol

Adele

One of the Regulars
Ever since I could remember, I wanted to be tall. At least 5'10, I would say.

Final result: 5'2". Yeaahhh. Hahah.

I have my days where I detest being short, but those have become less and less. I suppose I've come to accept it for the most part.

What I find to be awfully neat is how many here are in the same height range, as I.

I'm the shortest person I know. Since I'm also small framed, I get called, "compact" in size.

Josephine

One Too Many
It should be interesting to see how my 3 daughters end up. Eldest Miss should be tall, maybe not as tall as I am (5'10") but up there. Middle Miss might be petite, my FIL is shorter than I am, but his younger brother is 6'2" or 6'4". Seeing the brothers together is like the movie Twins with DeVito and Schwarzenegger. FIL's mom was petite, so Middle Miss might take after her. Little Miss, though 2.5 yrs younger than Middle Miss, is only a few inches and not many pounds behind her sister. My mom is shorter than I, but all the men on my father's side of the family are 6'2" and above. So who knows what will happen with my girls. Middle Miss might shoot up in a few years.

pennycarrol

A-List Customer
I'm tall, I'm 178 cm (metric!! lol)!! I never wear heels, it make me feel sooo tall and weird!!!
I completely agree with Sophia!! I feel the same way!!
[huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy