Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to get photo of deleted Indy scene?

ledsled

One of the Regulars
Any loungers know if it is possible to get a photo or clip of a deleted Indiana Jones IV scene? They had a beautiful overview of a church in West Haven, CT (NOT the New Haven church). Unfortunately, that scene was cut from the movie. I thought it might show up in the extra shots when the double DVD was released, but no dice. Might there be someone at Dreamworks that I can write to and request a photograph of this scene? Thanks.

ledsled

One of the Regulars
Thanks ShoreRoadLady

Thanks ShoreRoadLady. I'm surprised with the retro-movie fans here that there have not been more replies. I was kinda hoping someone might know the inner workings of Hollywood and know how to go about getting a shot of a scene, or if that was just a crazy pie-in-the-sky thought.

Thus far, I sniffed around the internet and got an address for Lucas Films, Dreamworks, and Paramount. This week I was surprised by an email reply from a "real person" at Lucas Films. She gave me a bunch of links for publicly available pictures on the internet (mostly Flickr). She said that people searched for my car, but it did not exist in their films.

I'm a polite person, so I did not have the heart to tell her I already searched the links that she sent me. An entire town center was shut down to shoot the scene, so it must exist somewhere in a film container. I can't believe that the film was never developed. I CAN believe that it would be too labor intensive to look for it.

Anybody know about this stuff? Is it possible that they shot the scene and never developed the film?

Thanks!

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think they stored all the photos and the original footage in a crate in a desert warehouse with some golden winged thing - near a box marked Roswell. But last I saw, that warehouse was a bit of a mess...

Videosteve1960

New in Town
Deletioned scene

I work in the movie business and had friends who worked on Indy 4. I can tell you the security was insane. So don't look for anything to show up that was not officially released by Lucas in some way.

It took 26 years for stills of the young soldier trying to execute Sala from 'Raiders' to show up. (In The complete making of Indiana Jones.) So don't count on anything soon.

Sorry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy