Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to get this 40s hair................

RitaHayworth

One of the Regulars
patten.jpg

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Is that 40's? Looks early 50's to me...

You'd need a layered cut for that style. Wet set the entire thing in 1 inch sponge rollers, vertically. The next morning, you'll look like Shirley Temple. Take a brush and brush it all down as flat as you can, and you'll see the ends start to flip. Keep brushing and flipping out the ends until it takes shape. For the curl on the right side of her face, brush your bangs into that direction, and shape the curls with a comb.

Chances are it won't look like a carbon copy of the style (which is true of any style one tries to copy) but it should look pretty close. :)

Smumo

New in Town
C-dot, will your haircut in the tutorial work for this style? This is the style I want to do daily but I need a cut to go with it. My middy from the salon is too long so I think I'm going to try your haircut, but if it won't do this style then I won't try it.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
C-dot, will your haircut in the tutorial work for this style? This is the style I want to do daily but I need a cut to go with it. My middy from the salon is too long so I think I'm going to try your haircut, but if it won't do this style then I won't try it.

Yes ma'am, it will do this style perfectly at 5 or 6 inches :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21