Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to Pull Off a Look

Robert Conway

A-List Customer
Ghos7a55assin said:
This is how I went to school (I'm a high school senior) yesterday- high-rise linen slacks, Brooks Bros. seersucker braces, navy 50's flannel DB blazer, 20's striped tie, J. Crew saddle shoes, 30's Mallory.

Nice jacket.
Very sharp. I like it a lot.
;)

Here in the US you could never get away dressing like that in school.
They would either send you to the nurse, because they assumed you flipped your lid or you would get pounded into hambuger meat before 10:00am.
:(

RC

ortega76

Practically Family
I went to an all-boys Catholic school in the early 90's. Dress code but no uniform. Lots of horrible printed silk shirts with clashing ties, Cross Colours and Bugle Boy and plaid shirts. Ugh.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I'm a high school Junior. Nowhere near as cool as Ray's clothes, but I'm wearing a windowpane vest, a green shirt, green and creme PF Flyers ringsides, a '30's brown tie, pocket watch, and my brent hat.

I get no trouble from no one about it.

Robert Conway

A-List Customer
Marc Chevalier said:
Hey Robert, old sport,

How about a horde of spotty adolescents starved for female attention? "Ugly tie days" and "ugly shirt days" hardly compensated, but we tried.

I feel for you.;)

I got stuck in the only all boys class in my school for two years.

Then when I went to college I ended up at an engineering school, where I kid you not, the ratio of boys to girls was 17:1. 17 guys to every girl and believe me it was slim pickin's at that! The school was out in the middle of nowhere, so even the town didn't offer much respite. It was a lot like being in the army, with the only upside being that you didn't get shot at.
:eusa_doh:

We used to have to sneak over to the all girls catholic university on the other side of town to see what long curls and a dress looked like. ;)

ArrowCollarMan

A-List Customer
You can never go wrong with a classic ensamble.

The dance was great! I didn't dance with my date much but it was alright; I still had fun.

I could not tie that bowtie for the life of me...seriously, I tried all week and 3 hours straight right before homecoming. I couldn't get the last step right where I was supposed to pull the damn loop behind the tie or something or other. I ended up having to get it done by a friend's dad who tied it (although a bit wango). The tux was great! I got it at JC Penny for $100. Its 100% worsted wool, satin lining and everything. The shirt was alright. The front sagged a bit showing the collar button. I hate how the shirt fronts are always so floppy. After that I remembered why I wanted a detachble collar and bib.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21