Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to Pull Off a Look

Ahh, the eternal refrain of the male who doesn't want to look like every other male. Welcome to the club, mate. Not easy, but the stuff is out there. Keep a-lookin'

bk

p.s. Arrow, i have the best image that i think will suit your tastes. I'll scan it and post it here maybe tomorrow. It's of a C19th french dude. He is the coolest looking guy i've ever seen.

ArrowCollarMan

A-List Customer
You know what style I've always liked? 1920's Hollywood. Its something about that that seems "magical" :p I know it wasn't all glamour and fun but the feeling I get from that is great. What kinds of things go into a look like that?

Wild Root

Gone Home
Simple... watch 1920's movies... the real silent ones... study the clothes, the way they wore'em you know, "Home Work". Buy vintage, piece it all together each little part... style every part of your being in that style... then, look in the mirror, you'll get that magic! You'll see what I mean... after I put together my first vintage outfit, it all felt 100% right! I was so happy that I found my style and well, you will too if you're serious.

Is it hard to find vintage of the 20's? Not the easiest thing to do but, not the hardest... is it going to cost? Not much if you know who to talk to or where to look.... Is it important to have original items to pull of the look 100%? I guarantee it! Worth the time and money! To do something right is to become obsessed with it! Decide on an outfit and then find a way to find it.

My services are at your disposal, that is all I have to say,

=WR=

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Wild Root said:
... piece it all together each little part... style every part of your being in that style... then, look in the mirror, you'll get that magic! You'll see what I mean... To do something right is to become obsessed with it! Decide on an outfit and then find a way to find it.

My services are at your disposal, that is all I have to say,

=WR=
From "The Tao of Vintage" A Book of Sartorial Wisdom...
or perhaps "Vintage Eye For The Modern Guy"... I'd watch that one for sure!

ArrowCollarMan

A-List Customer
I've found a good ensamble for summer: linen slacks, brown two-toned shoes, a lightweight cotton shirt and a panama hat.

When I can save up enough to buy the suit jacket that goes with the pants I will. The jacket fits great on me and will dress up whatever it is I'll wear with it.

There is also this fine linen coat I tried on at Nordstrom. Its way out of my price range though ($295) :(

Wild Root

Gone Home
ArrowCollarMan said:
I've found a good ensamble for summer: linen slacks, brown two-toned shoes, a lightweight cotton shirt and a panama hat.

When I can save up enough to buy the suit jacket that goes with the pants I will. The jacket fits great on me and will dress up whatever it is I'll wear with it.

There is also this fine linen coat I tried on at Nordstrom. Its way out of my price range though ($295) :(

Arrow, looking good my friend! I like that shirt and that hat looks smart! Like Ray said, nice tilt! That's the only way to wear a hat!:eusa_clap And might I say the short hair is really helping it out!

=WR=

PS. If you'd like to find a nice vintage coat, you can for less then the new one... I've found some for less then $50. bucks!

ArrowCollarMan

A-List Customer
Where could I get a coat that fine for $50? By the way, what got me about that coat was the lining...oh my godness! I have never felt lining so nice!

Oh, and here is a picture of my shoe...mind you the quality is bad because I took the picture with my old camera (the coating of the lens was rubbed off).

Its comfortable as hell! I like it.

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
ArrowCollarMan said:
Oh, and here is a picture of my shoe...mind you the quality is bad because I took the picture with my old camera (the coating of the lens was rubbed off).

Its comfortable as hell! I like it.
Actually I think it looks better that way. It gives a sort of old photograph quality to it. Try that camera set to a sepia tone...

Oh yes, I think you're really doing well with your look. Cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou