Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to Pull Off a Look

ArrowCollarMan

A-List Customer
My new suit...well sorta. I've had the pants for a while but my wonderufl grandmother bought me the suit jacket :) I need to get the sleeves adjusted but other than that the suit is great! The brand is Crazy Horse the suit is a cotton/linen blend. The lining is some kinda synthetic, its starts with an "a" I can't recall the name...it breathes well I can say that much, but not well enough for Los Angeles's recent scorching 105+ weather. I'll probably wear it next sunday for church, it's supposed to cool down by then. What do you guys and gals think? I thought it had a somewhat vintage feel to it (the cut and the angled pockets) but it still looks pretty modern. I think the two-toned shoes and panama hat bring it together with that classic style we love so much. :eek:

P7230058.jpg

P7230060.jpg

P7230062.jpg

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
The jacket looks good- sleeves look a little long. Show a little linen (cuff)! The hat pulls it together nicely into a more classic look. The hacking pockets on everything seems to be a bit of a modern touch.

tofu

New in Town
Ghos7a55assin said:
seems to be a bit of a modern touch.

which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

the jacket looks good. fits well aside from the sleeves, which you said you will be altering anyway.

can't say i'm a fan of the hanging chain and cross, but i suppose they're your own individualistic "accessories"

and as the other person suggested, a pocket square would probably bring the whole look together.

ArrowCollarMan

A-List Customer
Chain is just for my pocket watch ;) The cross I always wear. Showering and swimming are the only exceptions. I think I might leave the sleeves as is for the time being. I want to keep the suit for a while so it might be best to leave some room for growth.

tofu

New in Town
you can take them in slightly. maybe so they don't cover the hand. by the time you're done growing they should short enough to show 0.5" of shirt, if that's what you're going for. personally i don't like showing much shirt. it always look uneven on one side and bothers me unless i adjust it (because of my watch)

ArrowCollarMan

A-List Customer
I dunno, mostly it's because the cleaning lady told me it'd be too short. Although I was saying at the wrist. [huh] I'll try again somewhere else to get it altered. Dang, I get too easily suckered into not getting what I want when it comes to clothes :(

ArrowCollarMan

A-List Customer
Yeah, thats it! Acrete. Is that a good material?

tofu said:
the cleaning lady thought it was fine at its current length?
Yeah.

Beyond my suit, I want to know how to utilize these articles of clothing. I like them alot but rarely or never wear them because I can't make it look right or can't match it. Being a male, matching clothing can be hard.
What colored shirt matches with these pants?

How do I wear these and not look like an old man?

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
tofu said:
the cleaning lady thought it was fine at its current length

Something to ponder...perhaps that's why she's a cleaning lady and not a fashion designer? If I had a question about how to clean some dirt off the floor, then I would definitely solicit her advice. But as to clothing and proper fit...in a word, no.

tofu

New in Town
ArrowCollarMan said:

the pinstripe pants would look sharp with a plain white shirt, perhaps french cuffs, no chest pocket, and some dressy loafers. and since its summer, you won't have to wear a blazer.

and yes, i am more modern oriented

most of your other shirts seem like they'd go fine with a plain khakies and brown shoes or ankle boots. perhaps you could even try suade shoes/boots.. just make sure you have a belt to match the footwear.

edit: just noticed the pants had yellow stripes! perhaps a powder/pastel yellow shirt?

ArrowCollarMan

A-List Customer
Yellow, I thought they were brown? All I know is the pants look killer with my two-toned shoes. I still need help with the blue shirt.

Oh, by the way. Look what I took a picture of while in Pearl Harbor!
P7090168.jpg

OO, those pants!

tofu

New in Town
looked yellow on my screen ;)

but i suppose you're better off having them brown than yellow

Wild Root

Gone Home
ArrowCollarMan said:
I can't match this shirt for the life of me!

Dude, that shirt will look GREAT with your linen suit! Pair it with a nice light color tie and you're all set brother!

=WR=

PS. Dressing in old styles lends it's self to looking like an old man!lol

ArrowCollarMan

A-List Customer
I suppose I could tuck it in, but I always wear my cross out. It's beyond religion now, it's like an extention of my physical being :p But the blue shirt with the light colored suit? Hmmm...I'm going to take pictures!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred