Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How we dress and what we drive

Shearer

Practically Family
Not exactly vintage (not even a year old :eek: ) but I walked away fully loaded for around 23.

I commute 100 miles a day, but like Paisley said, the Prius just wasn't for me.

06sciontc_37.jpg

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I've never had the luxury of buying a car on the basis of looks-- it's always been a matter of how much I could afford at the moment versus what was available on the used-used-used section of the lot, so I don't really think much about it. But if I *had to* buy a new car, I'd definitely go with a Mini Cooper. Easy to park, easy on gas, and not too offensive to the eye. That's the ticket for me.

Until then though, I'm driving a ten year old Corolla which I'm pretty peeved with at the moment, since I just had to borrow a thousand dollars to replace the clutch and the flywheel. If the blasted weather would ease up, I'd forget about cars altogether, and just stick to my bike!

gpwpat

Familiar Face
Cars are my toys. I am obsessed with them. I wish I had room for more of them. I want / need more classic cars.

My commuter is an 03 mini cooper S a modern car based on a classic body. Gets me to work and back quickly, is fun to drive and sips the gas.
62010_7.JPG

My pack up the kids honey we are going to the mountains or the mall ride is a 07 Jeep wranger unlimited.
DSC04278.JPG

I like it because it is simple, packs up the family and we can take it on weekend adventures into the mountains. Take the top off too and still fit in the kids and all the stuff. The perfect SUV for me. But unfortunatly it came with payments.:eusa_doh:

and my toy
I bought this 7 years ago and restored it over 2 years. now it is back to factory condition. it is my only true classic car. I have many in my dream garage. but as of now and my bad decion making I should have kept my old 4 runner and bought another classic car and bought the jeep used in 3 years and then I could have had a 66 mustang too. My wife had a 66 when we got married. she sold it to buy a 94 mustang.:eusa_doh: Now we want it back.

well here she is my 1942 Ford GPW
621-3-2005_391.jpg

My 2 car garage is full and spilling out. my new cars have to park in the driveway. and I could only dream of more money to buy a bigger house or more cars. I can't buy more cars, as I have no room. If I bought more room I would have no money. and have to work so much I would never get to enjoy them.

I currently own but most are parked at my parents or grandparents property
4- WWII jeeps (2 4 sale)
1- Bantam jeep trailer
1- 03 mini cooper
1- 4 runner (4 sale)
1- 4 door jeep wrangler
1- 1937 plymouth truck
1- model T project

Man I need a bigger garage/ shop and more time to play in it.

Damn those jeep payments. firts payments I have had in 5 years. I like the car not the payments. If I get 2 of my WWII jeeps sold for my asking price and my 4 runner sold I should have it half way paid off.

My dream collection will include
1949 plymouth special delux convertable
1924 model T speedster race car
1942 - 1946 Harley davidson
WWII halftrack
a real mini cooper s 1960's
1966 ford mustang convertable

a collection of vintage bicycles

I better stop now

S

Samsa

This is a stock photo of my very stylish 1999 Mercury Villager:

2035132_4.jpg

The only thing classic about it is that it has plenty of head room for hats...

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
StanleyVanBuren said:
Yes. I actually thoroughly considered this car before ruling it out as slightly too modern and definitely too expensive. But good catch, because it almost made my list. And it IS a gorgeous car.

It's a dream to drive. When you sit in the drivers seat it feels like the car just wraps around you, the steering wheel is like an extension of your arms and the gas pedal is like an extension of your feet.
My Dad just gave his up for the CLK. I like the new car, but can't believe he gave up the Lexus. Every couple of years he gets bored and buying a new car relieves this I guess. He test drove the Porsche Cayman, but my Mom put her foot down on that one! She said while riding in it it felt like her butt was dragging on the ground! The new ones got a great write up in Car and Driver though, and it looks so good in candy apple red!

I love the four door Wrangler! What a great looking truck, it reminds me of the classic Land Rover Defender, which is my dream truck!

staggerwing

One of the Regulars
Pilgrim said:
For instance, when I see a Saturn in front of me, my reaction is the same as it was to VW Microbuses in the 60's and 70's: slow driver, pass them as soon as possible. I'm seldom wrong - Saturns are generally bought and driven by sensible people who see no need to drive 4 MPH over the speed limit as I usually do.

You can add Volvos to the above group.

StanleyVanBuren

staggerwing said:
You can add Volvos to the above group.

Yes, and they're typically worse. Especially if its an older model Volvo, like perhaps one from the 90s... that person will be doing 50 in the left lane and no amount of flashing, honking, or gunfire will make them move over.

staggerwing

One of the Regulars
My wife says it's a kind of krama thing...I'm always cursing Volvos and Saturns, so if there's one on the road it finds its way in front of me...

RaasAlHayya

A-List Customer
I drive a Saturn. :p White, to deflect the deadly Texas sun; base model to protect my delicate bank account. But I don't drive awfully slow (seldom below the speed limit) and I don't sit in the passing lane.

--Leslie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn