Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HUFVUD HATMAKER | Lund, Sweden

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up

EinarsM

Vendor
I hope everyone are doing well! A couple of updates from the past week. Leifur Lucky fedoras are made every week, no need to post those every time. Had the honor of crafting a couple of very unique hats over the past couple of weeks. First is a 50X Beaver Blend NJAL Fedora in STONE with a vintage green ribbon (50mm) around the crown and a Sudan brown brim binding.

Second (or third, counting the photos) is a 100X Beaver DARK NAVY BLUE "Cagney" fedora with a unique 70mm wide ribbon. Started to make more of these recently. Love the look! A very thin, 5 - 6 mm brim binding.

The site has been updated and the store is reopened. I still need to add more photos, but that will come with time.

Thank you for your time and attention!

Regards,

Mikael Einarsson

custom@hufvud.com

PSX_20220123_152143.jpg
PSX_20220116_144550.jpg
PSX_20220109_142022.jpg

I hope everyone are doing well! A couple of updates from the past week. Leifur Lucky fedoras are made every week, no need to post those every time. Had the honor of crafting a couple of very unique hats over the past couple of weeks. First is a 50X Beaver Blend NJAL Fedora in STONE with a vintage green ribbon (50mm) around the crown and a Sudan brown brim binding.

Second (or third, counting the photos) is a 100X Beaver DARK NAVY BLUE "Cagney" fedora with a unique 70mm wide ribbon. Started to make more of these recently. Love the look! A very thin, 5 - 6 mm brim binding.

The site has been updated and the store is reopened. I still need to add more photos, but that will come with time.

Thank you for your time and attention!

Regards,

Mikael Einarsson

custom@hufvud.com

View attachment 398374 View attachment 398375 View attachment 398376

They all look good, but that navy Cagney with the wide ribbon looks special. Great hats!

Sunday update of the work from the past week.

(1) RAGNAR FEDORA | 100X BEAVER | BLACK | Size 62.5

(2) LEIFUR Lucky FEDORA | 30X BEAVER BLEND | SABLE BROWN | Size 58

(3) CUSTOM HOMBURG | 100X BEAVER | EMERALD GRAY | Size 58

Regards,

Mikael

View attachment 398953 View attachment 398954 View attachment 398956 View attachment 398958 View attachment 398959 View attachment 398961 View attachment 398963 View attachment 398964 View attachment 398965
Outstanding work, Mikael. Interesting to see the homburg with the very narrow brim. Not a style we see a lot.

EinarsM

Vendor
Outstanding work, Mikael. Interesting to see the homburg with the very narrow brim. Not a style we see a lot.

Thank you very much, I appreciate your kind words. I am working on having a couple of different Homburg styles available in my store. Just takes a bit of time to have the samples ready. A lot of fun to craft.

Regards,

Mikael

Edward

Bartender
Almost all of my fedoras over the years have had a raw edge brim, but I'm increasingly drawn to the look of a wide-ribbon bound brim, not something one often sees now in OTR hats, if ever. I really like the look of that silver gray one with the dark grey ribbon and binding, gorgeous hat.

EinarsM

Vendor
Almost all of my fedoras over the years have had a raw edge brim, but I'm increasingly drawn to the look of a wide-ribbon bound brim, not something one often sees now in OTR hats, if ever. I really like the look of that silver gray one with the dark grey ribbon and binding, gorgeous hat.

Thank you very much! I appreciate that. Here is a photo of a hat with the widest binding that I have made. 18 mm I think. I am planning on making another Ready Made like this. Just love the look!

PSX_20210622_150814.jpg
PSX_20210622_151024.jpg
PSX_20210622_151124.jpg
PSX_20210622_151201.jpg
PSX_20210624_120344.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Thank you very much! I appreciate that. Here is a photo of a hat with the widest binding that I have made. 18 mm I think. I am planning on making another Ready Made like this. Just love the look!

View attachment 399923 View attachment 399924 View attachment 399925 View attachment 399926 View attachment 399927

Bravo! Eventually I'd love to have a couple of real show-pieces like this, for special occasions. It's such a great look, always makes me wonder why (increased unit cost aside, of course) we don't see more of this sort of thing around...

Yes, I was previously not attracted to the wide brim binding but the look is growing on me.

EinarsM

Vendor
Bravo! Eventually I'd love to have a couple of real show-pieces like this, for special occasions. It's such a great look, always makes me wonder why (increased unit cost aside, of course) we don't see more of this sort of thing around...

Thank you very much! I suppose some are not willing to take the time to make them anymore. I also would like to see more of this style and see more wearing them out and about.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up

I think it's a two-pronged sword (excuse the mixed metaphor).

In addition to the additional cost, most (not all) men these who wear hats wear them with more casual attire. No brim trim is more casual, not to mention 'rugged' (grrr) than brim trim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk