Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hungarian Vass Shoes

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Beautiful last

Jan2010028.jpg

Tombrooks621

New in Town
amazing! more shoes than my wife

Kovacs Jozsef-Meisterstück Mahogany Cordovan Longwing
25KovacsJozsefLiverpoolcordovancogn.jpg

25KovacsJozsefLiverpoolcordovanc-1.jpg

Kovacs Jozsef - Debrecen - Budapester in Black Cordovan
22KovacsJozsefBudapestblackcordo-1.jpg

22KovacsJozsefBudapestblackcordovan.jpg

Kovacs Jozsef-Derby
20KovacsJozsefLondongojzer2005dec08.jpg

Fabula László Velours Budapester
19FabulaLaszloBudapestvelur2005nov2.jpg

Vass László - Alt Wien
18VassLaszloCordovanoxbloodAltWien2.jpg

Vass London
26VassLaszloCordovanoxbloodLondo-1.jpg

Part of the collection in August 2005
2005aug23collection1.jpg

The coming out session endeth here. "Cipőbuzi" - as they say in Hungarian.

Regards:

Tom

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Nice sunny morning here. Vass shell cordovans: Budapester in Chestnut brown and Captoe in antique cognac.

IMG_4521.jpg

P.S. : Happy New Year - Boldog Új Évet

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Nice sunny morning here. Vass shell cordovans: Budapester in Chestnut brown and Captoe in antique cognac.

IMG_4521.jpg

P.S. : Happy New Year - Boldog Új Évet

Shell Vass makes my mouth water!!!! I have yet to see shell shoes as nice as Vass's. I still dream of adding a Whiskey Shell Goyser Budapester to my collection... What Beautiful Thoughts!

In fact, 2 years ago, when I was bitten by the "shoe bug", it was Shooman's posts & HT's pics that first got me addicted.

Hungary Tom, you've got GOOD TASTE!!!

Last edited:

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Lovely shoes, Tom! And I like the butler's table as I just happen to have the exact same one...:p

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Vass Shell cordovan shoes are simply a work of art. Magnificent. I am looking for the perfect pair with the Goyser and in Whiskey shell. Not sure what style yet!

Dear Isshinryu, Goyser is the more rustic welt, therefore I would advise for the Budapest (full brogue) style, however it is your choice.

These shell cordovan shoes are interesting since they are the few non black and non oxblood colours Vass carries in their Budapest shop. About the shades they told me that since Horween is genuinely handmade, each batch they deliver is different in shade even in the same colour. You find those unimitable colour variations of the same shade on the same pair of shoes, like the imperfections on a montecristi panama. I read some time ago an article of a meticulous German journalist, who went to the veterinary faculty and who was told that the subcutaneous layers of the horse butt are 1.5 mm thick, three times thicker than of the ox, so these layers give an iridescent effect and that is what Horween brings to an extreme, the plays of colour and the reflexes of light, with their colours. Vass offers now even their fanciful lasts (U and F) with shell cordovan.

Those shoes on the photo are in antique cognac, I think. Aside from that Vass has opened a new shop in the same little street early in summer 2012. Pretty brave step nowadays.

The butler table is a nice piece indeed, nice way to present good stuff :D

I thank for all the credits

Tom

HungaryTom

One Too Many
UPDATE: New Vass Store opened - Haris köz 6. Same street in Budapest. Old shop is still there at Haris köz 2.
http://www.giacotti.com/projektek/vass-cipo#
Text tells about the architecture project in Hungarian, the photos are more relevant. The selection as well - those new and more avantgarde models are finally available in a brick and mortar store in Budapest, not only displayed n the web :D

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16736

Do they have a regular last akin to the Alden Barrie or Hampton last? This shoe is very pointed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21