Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I´m terrible at introducing myself...

Polyhistor

Familiar Face
...but just lurking for as long as I´ve done now is quite impolite I´d say.
So take my excuses and let me tell you a little about me:

I´m a 23 years old university student (art history) and became a fan of the Golden Era mostly after reading many of the works of (and some works on) HP Lovecraft (1890-1937) in my younger years, as well as through a growing fascination for Art Deco, Dada and surrealism.
Aside from that, I´ve always been interested in history, have loved old books (books in general), movies and all kinds of "dated" things such as fountain pens, old furniture, you name it.

While I may not have too much to contribute to the discussion most of the time (being not nearly as well versed as most of you), I´m very much enjoying this place and hope I can be of help at some time or another.

Regards, A.

P.S.: Please forgive me my bad English, it´s only lately that I´m trying to polish it up again.:eek:

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Welcome

Welcome to The Fedora Lounge, Polyhistor! It's great to have you here.

We have several Austrian members among our large membership, and you already share much in common with many people here.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Wilkommen!!

It's great to have you here!! As Scot quite rightly pointed out, we have a healthy membership from Austria and Germany!! We just cannot get enough of you guys here, so jump on board!!

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
welcome to the lounge Poly!
As you've probably noticed, we're a pretty nice group of people...don't be too intimidated by us! ;) Please join in the discussions would love to hear what you have to say :)

Polyhistor

Familiar Face
Thanks a lot everyone for the warm welcome!

I´ll be glad to contribute a little and will be on the lookout for fellow Austrians (strangely enough, I haven´t seen any yet).

Regards, A.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic