Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I finally got my hat :)!!

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
D00R said:
i might consider having a boralino open crown hat made in italy, it would cost 250 bucks, but if its open crown and really soft it would be worth it.
this website offers it, has anyone ever bought one from them?
www.petersbros.com

I have never bought from them, but I know of quite a few people who really like them. I hear they add stiffener to their hats, but that might only be some models. Best to contact them directly.

I like the Tortona very much. Looks perfect for you!
NB

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
D00R said:
i had to get a 7 3/8
im not sure if i can find a vintage hat in my size :( but id love to have one, i want mine to look more beat up and softer ...

I am a 7 3/8 too & in the last twelve months I have scored five vintage borsalinos & $85 is the most I have pd. for any of them. Particularly if you are going for a more "broken-in" appearance vintage is the way to go!

... my .02

D00R

One of the Regulars
thanks again for the comments :)

i actually went to the Bencraft Hatters in Brooklyn, not there Williamsburg store. it was a pain to find it, took forever to get there but easy to get back home.

i just don't know how to find Vintage hats, i looked on ebay, i ended up winning one but the size was way to small and i had someone on this board interested in it buy it from the seller. the prices are usually great but im just uncertain to how it will fit and look when id get it.

im very picky id need to be trying on a vintage hat. it took me forever to come to my final decision for the Tortona.
i do want a hat in gray but they only sell the new hats in dark gray or steel gray, i want an ash gray to get that vintage look, so im thinking of ordering a handmade one from italy instead of getting a steel gray Alessandria, i might end up getting both maybe heh. but id call them up and tell them no stiffener on the hand made borsolino. id rather have it soft.

D00R

One of the Regulars
heres some new shots of my hat all broken in :rolleyes:

hat3sq3.png

hat4ga8.png

RokkerMan

New in Town
DOOR - i love your hat. can u send me the info on the specifics? I'm thinking about ordering one from the same shop, but i'm down in Birmingham, AL. I'd like to use you as a refernce when i order it. Any help would be appreciated!
email: joey [at] ryfdesign [dot] com.

thanks!

D00R

One of the Regulars
Yeah. I actually had the info posted i don't know why it was censored out?
I'll pm you with the information..

D00R

One of the Regulars
Joey I sent you a message to your screen name on this message board. so check that email..all the information is in there :)

D00R

One of the Regulars
Thank you guys for the nice comments.
I wear my hat every day.

ideaguy

One Too Many
Be careful not to leave it hanging around- if it were mine, I'd get a wind trolley and tie it around my ear... terrific hat, and great taste! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
ideaguy said:
if it were mine, I'd get a wind trolley and tie it around my ear...

ideaguy, Tie the wind trolly around your ear? Now that's the freshest and most original idea I've heard expressed here (or anywhere else), in a long time! I can't wait to try it. lol :eusa_clap

D00R

One of the Regulars
thank you guys.
iv had the hat fly off my head twice and i caught it both times. when it gets windy though, i pull it down slightly, the leather sweatband inside usually sticks to my forehead.
i keep it on a bottom shelf near my bed upside down. to keep its shape and for no one to touch it.

I'm thinking of getting a new hat.
I'm really liking the alessandria by Borsalino. Its a light hat, smaller brim, and i always wanted a light grey.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred