Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I hate birds.

staggerwing

One of the Regulars
A friend of mine walked out of a convenience store with a cup of coffee one fine spring morning. He sat the coffee on the tailgate of his truck, removed the lid, and poured in the creamer from one of those little tubs. Just as he finished stirring, PLOP! - a direct hit.

Bebop

Practically Family
Do squirrels attack?

While walking through a local park, out of nowhere, a squirrel fell from a tree and landed on my straw hat :eek: . I thought I was being attacked by a mountain lion! My dog went nuts, I fell to the ground flapping my arms and legs like a stun gun victim and when it was all over, my hat had a horrible tear in the crown :( . I never figured out if the squirrel attacked me or if it actually fell out of the tree. I would have rather dealt with bird poop. :eek:

Dan G

One of the Regulars
Squirrels are viscious little devils. I too have been attacked. After regaining my composure a friend and I chased it into a tree yelling obscenities in the middle of the street. We shook the tree until it fell out in the street, but it didn't get hit, and we couldn't catch it.lol

Miss Lucy June

One of the Regulars
J.B. said:
Because I am so linguistically adroit :rolleyes: -- I occasionally enjoy a pedantic flinging about of the past perfect participle, to wit: "The cheap straw having been shatted upon, was now exhibiting a grody appearance." :D

I'm a grammar nerd too!

And I would just like to say, fellas, that I think its absolutely hilarious that multiple comments about me being pretty somehow wandered into a thread about bird excrement. Lovely. lol

Russ

One of the Regulars
Bebop said:
While walking through a local park, out of nowhere, a squirrel fell from a tree and landed on my straw hat

A pigeon probably told him to do it.

Doh!

One Too Many
I just hope they don't organize...

Mrs. Bundy, elderly ornithologist: I have never known birds of different species to flock together. The very concept is unimaginable. Why, if that happened, we wouldn't stand a chance! How could we possibly hope to fight them?

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Along with the Shout, if you use an old soft toothbrush you should be able to get the rest of the particulates out of the nooks & craneys. But I strongly recomment the use of an "old" toothbrush.:eek: lol lol

Cheers!

Dan

Doh! said:
I just hope they don't organize...

Mrs. Bundy, elderly ornithologist: I have never known birds of different species to flock together. The very concept is unimaginable. Why, if that happened, we wouldn't stand a chance! How could we possibly hope to fight them?

Guess I better put some of those quad-40's and 20mm Oerlikons back on Nashville II's spec-sheet then, I don't think point-defense lasers would be so good against birds...

Up close and personal, make mine either an AA-12 (full-auto 12-gauge) or a Saiga-12 (12-gauge AK47).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy