Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I have finally found a vintage bowler in a size that fits me - 7 3/4!

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Colby Jack said:
Matt...I feel your pain...Everytime I watch a hat...I read...reread...read again the description...Then I wonder if the size they list is accurate...sometimes they'll even post a picture of the size tag...and say there is no size listed...and they have a different size listed....and being a 7 5/8...it drives me nuts...Then like Matt...you finally get one...and it's the wrong size. Those wonderful feelings you get of looking and finding that special hat are dashed with a visit from the postman...:mad: :rage: :( I've taken to believing that I won't ever find a really classic hat for a good price...and that I will become Hats Directs best customer...and DM's and eventually Art's...:D
That is why I just stay with custom or a few modern hats.

carter

I'll Lock Up
If I had a 7 5/8 bowler, I'd send it to you.

DJ, I definitely feel your pain as do many others on this forum. Tony B is correct. Most sellers on Ebay don't know diddly about hats. Even more frustrating is the fact that most of them don't want to learn and refuse to correct listings even when the change might help them financially. It truly is the marketplace of the lowest common denominator.
I ask questions if I am interested in a listing but not sure if the seller knows what they are selling. If they cannot answer simple questions, I move on.
I encourage pursuing remediation with fervor. There are sellers out there who constantly leave one excuse after another hoping to delay a complaint until no remediation is possible. Unfortunately, giving them the benefit of the doubt just encourages their shabby behavior.

MattJH

One Too Many
Barz51 said:
Any updates for us Dumbjaw?

The seller did get back to me. They're out of the country until October 16th. I told them I'd suspend the dispute until they returned so that we could talk about what's going on and what needs to be done to consider it resolved. Thanks for asking! In the meantime, see my other thread -- crazily enough, a 7 3/4 bowler popped up and I won it.

MattJH

One Too Many
I received a full monetary refund last night.

I don't at all like the fact that I'm going to have to pay for shipping the hat back.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
^Reality is, that's pretty standard. It sounds like they've been fairly cooperative overall. You've probably made the best out of an unpleasant situation, part of the risk/reward of ebay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran