Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I inherited this hat.

mike2013

New in Town
inherited royal deluxe stetson

Hello all mike here from tn, i was cleaning out my grand parents house the other day, and found this old stetson royal deluxe hat, it has the markings royal deluxe stetson john b stetson co custom v size 7 , any info on this hat would be apreciated ,ie age etc.. thanks mike

Last edited:

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
If you have any photographs, we would love to see them. Those greatly help when it comes to aid with hats as with many items). Since you do not have 15 posts, you will have to go to a different site for photos, such as photobucket, or whatever you prefer. Then copy the IMG link, and post it here.

It may likely be 40s/50s, but without photos, it is hard to tell.

Also, welcome to the lounge!

Last edited:

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
1950s time-frame to my eyes. If it fits, and you wish to wear it, take a look here:

Brim:
Steam or apply distilled water, then press the brim front over a convex surface, like a large bottle or can (Pringles perhaps, or a large SIGG water bottle), and hold the brim firmly in place until it keeps the shape. With steam, you will have to be quick about the whole procedure. With distilled water, there's no hurry - on the other hand, the brim will take a minute to actuall hold the new shape.

Front pinch/ side dents of crown:

Resistant creases (the felt's memory) are best removed by spraying the felt with distilled water rather than by steaming it. New creases that wouldn't hold as a dry crease will definitely hold after a generous wet treatment as well. The old crease may still show through in some cases.
Sometimes it's useful to get the crown back to open crown first, then let it dry completely, use distilled water once more, and put in the new crease. Usually, however, all you need is one sitting from the old crease to the new one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart