Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I Look Like The Fedora Lounge Logo Guy!

WineGuy

A-List Customer
Ok. someone will accuse me of having too much time on my hands but I couldn't resist. I snapped a shot of myself on my iPhone and brought it into Photoshop where I converted it to B&W, cropped out the background, and then played with the "Burn & dodge" tool. It's rough but it is my face, hat, suit and tie!

Hereward

One of the Regulars
This image will be hard to beat I think. You really are a deadringer for the logo. If I saw you on a dark night, I'd take you for the Shadow.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
WG, try re-cropping yourself into the center more, so the back of the brim is visible. Then photoshop a gold colored circle around it so it's exactly like the logo. Then we might as well post the pic of yourself into the web's logo. :D

flute

WineGuy

A-List Customer
fluteplayer07 said:
WG, try re-cropping yourself into the center more, so the back of the brim is visible. Then photoshop a gold colored circle around it so it's exactly like the logo. Then we might as well post the pic of yourself into the web's logo. :D

flute

Hey Fluteplayer, have you ever tried to take a self portrait with an iphone? I'm lucky I even came close to the pose given whats involved in aiming and snapping the pic. This was a fun experiment, but I have a friend who's a professional photographer...I'm going to bribe him with a bottle of wine to have him pose me and shoot at the right angle and lighting to try to get the logo look without Photoshop. It's weird looking at my self in that shot, sort of a Golden Era "Max Headroom" lol

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
That's with an iPhone?!?!? Wow, you are one fantastic photographer! I thought it was with a regular camera, tripod, etc.! Great job! I can't wait to see the professional one! (By the way, sorry if the comment came off a bit blunt. No criticism intended.)

flute

WineGuy

A-List Customer
fluteplayer07 said:
(By the way, sorry if the comment came off a bit blunt. No criticism intended.)

flute

Absolutely no offense taken, I was laughing because you should only have seen me trying to pose and hold the phone and try to touch the screen from the opposite side to take the shot...Photoshop is the real pro here, it totally transformed the original

WineGuy

A-List Customer
Akubra Man said:
Wineguy .... I love your hat you are wearing in the photo :eusa_clap

Thanks! FYI: If you are referring to the BW photo, it's the same one as in my avatar photo only I played around in Photoshop to get the the pinch highlights to match the FL logo guy. It's from Art of course.

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
I always thought this guy was the inspiration for our logo....

060208_abramoff_vmedwidec.jpg

AF

WineGuy

A-List Customer
Zombie_61 said:
If your bid for The Fedora Lounge Logo guy doesn't pan out...well, you have options.

TheWineGuy.jpg

BTW, great thread! I love that first photo you posted!

Thanks Zombie! You're right...I think I look more like your cartoon fella(Dick Tracy?) Now if only we can more guys to post some pics.

Jabos

A-List Customer
You guys are cracking me up! lol lol This is the greatest thread, and a beautiful whiskey Wineguy. I wonder who designed that logo pic and if it was based upon Dick Tracy.

WineGuy

A-List Customer
Jabos said:
You guys are cracking me up! lol lol This is the greatest thread, and a beautiful whiskey Wineguy. I wonder who designed that logo pic and if it was based upon Dick Tracy.

Thanks Jabos, but I really hope more guys post their own pics because so far 50% of the posts are about me and that was not my intention.

Come on guys....get your gals to pose you!

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
WineGuy said:
Thanks Jabos, but I really hope more guys post their own pics because so far 50% of the posts are about me and that was not my intention.

Come on guys....get your gals to pose you!

The problem is that you really do look like the logo... You should have gotten a couple of us scrawny guys to post first, so everyone would think "I look more like the Fedora Lounge Guy that that goof."

Oh well. Presumably someone will post themselves.

WineGuy

A-List Customer
Yeps said:
The problem is that you really do look like the logo... You should have gotten a couple of us scrawny guys to post first, so everyone would think "I look more like the Fedora Lounge Guy that that goof."

Oh well. Presumably someone will post themselves.

Flattery will get you everywhere Yeps, but all I've really got is a killer VS hat and a big chin. Come on and give it a shot...

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
WineGuy said:
Flattery will get you everywhere Yeps, but all I've really got is a killer VS hat and a big chin. Come on and give it a shot...

I already did, it would have worked better if I actually had a fedora.

WineGuy said:
Thanks Zombie! You're right...I think I look more like your cartoon fella (Dick Tracy?) Now if only we can more guys to post some pics.
Yes, it is indeed Dick Tracy.

Posting my own pic would be a waste of time, as I am among the members who look the least like the Fedora Lounge Logo guy--I actually look quite a bit like the cartoon in my current avatar. I think it will be difficult to beat the profile shot you posted, but I'm looking forward to seeing whatever photos are posted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany