Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I love a brown Stetson.

Feraud

Bartender
Some say brown is brown but I am always fascinated by a nice looking brown hat.
I must have a "thing" for Stetsons and this one in particular because I tend to reach for this hat when it sits on the hatrack. Submitted for your approval, my favorite brown Whippet. 2 3/8" bound brim and an approximate 4 3/8" crown. These shorter brim hats are starting to grow on me.

Picture5674.jpg

Picture5673.jpg

Picture5597.jpg

Picture5599.jpg

Picture5600.jpg

The Duke

One of the Regulars
I'm always fascinated with a nice looking brown hat myself, it goes with almost anything. Nice hat!

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It looks pretty damn good to me Feraud. You can never go wrong with brown.

Joel Tunnah

Practically Family
Every time I think I know how wide a Whippet brim is, a post like this comes along! :eusa_doh:

I've now seen Whippets described as having 2 3/4", 2 5/8", 2 1/2", and 2 3/8" brims. Either this model changed a lot over a relatively short time period, or measuring brim width isn't as easy as it looks...

Joel

BigDawgBarkin

New in Town
I'm the same way Joel. I've even skipped viewing Whippets on OFAS because I assumed they would have the 2 3/4" brim (which is too wide for me). I guess this post proves that wrong!

Feraud

Bartender
Dinerman said:
what'd you see at the broadway multiplex?
Good eye. It was The Prestige. A great movie with the exception of the slob two seats down who needed to remove her shoes and put her feet up on the chair in front of her.
I always tuck movie stubs under the sweatband.

feltfan

J. M. Stovall said:
Just a standard 3X. Not a Royal or a Whippet or anything like that. I have a couple exactly like it and they carry the lion's share of my daily hat wearing.

Funny guy. I should start a thread on "standard 3X" Stetsons
and you'll see how wildly different they are! I have one that is
thick, light grey, and has a mode edge (I posted this a while back)
and another that is thin, a bit stiff, shorter crown, rides high,
and has a thin strip of its own felt as a hat band, with the most
extraordinary "Suede Finish" and no brim binding. Wildly different hats.
Both 3X beaver Stetson. I hope to post that, among a million other
things, soon. Oh, this is on topic 'cause the latter hat is brown. ;-)

Tony in Tarzana

That is a great hat. I love my brown fedoras, too. I'm generally to be found in "earth tones," my favorite Indy Magnoli suit is a brown pinstripe, and I've accumulated several brown Stetsons, a Dobbs with a Guild Edge, a medium-brimmed Borsa and a tan Stephen L. Stetson that go great with it.

azhiker

One of the Regulars
I have a brown Biltmore made for Henry the Hatter as their 'store brand hat', under Giorgio Cellini name. It is the same color as your Whippet. I love this hat, and it also is my go to hat.It is very soft, and smooth, and the felt is like butter or silk maybe.. Of my 7 fedoras, 5 are brown, or tan. I love all my hats, but this one is my favorite! very nice looking Whippet. Wish I had one!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner