Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I need a new patch for my A2

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
A big fat bomb patch..!

shamus said:
I want something that not everyone has. I like the disney /looney toons or something with a big fat bomb on it....

Shamus, this is one of my favs on an original 1942 Aero A-2. (Aero leather in Scotland do great repros of these. Say you want one like Paddy's! "wee willie")

53073281-8e23-01F401F4-.jpg

shamus

Suspended
Paddy,

Very nice I always like that one. But I'll run into the same "problem" as your original. I already have a round patch on it, and if I put a odd shaped patch I'll have a left over holes like your original.

It took me 2 years to muster up the courage to poke holes in my jacket to put the first patch on....

But if it didn't already have one on it, I sure would!

SIGGY

A-List Customer
patch

Hey Shamus if you ever decide on a patch I can make one for you,I ave lots of the disney designs in photos or I can work from any good photo/sketch for you, keep me in mind, i do a 5-6 inch for $45.00 + postage.
Johnny Signor
WeBeEmblems@aol.com

Jim is really doing a great job with the weathering technique, I think it almost has to be present on a patch regardless of the jacket being new or worn in a bit. It just seems to fit better and this one looks great. I'm sure I saw an original of this patch on ebay as well, are you aware of it? It's been up for a while.

Jim is really doing a great job with the weathering technique, I think it almost has to be present on a patch regardless of the jacket being new or worn in a bit. It just seems to fit better and this one looks great. I'm sure I saw an original of this patch on ebay as well, are you aware of it? It's been up for a while.
Looks better in person too. I've seen those patches. I have two of my dad's, but they're not as pristine as those. He musta done some actual work ;)

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I've a couple of Siggy's patches and what I like about them is that they're OVERSIZED. Larger than the 5-inch standard. They look a lot better to me.

Worf

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Never keen on cartoons, I have always liked devils skeletons and bombs mainly. These are my two favourite patches.
The first is from the 19th Bomb Squadron 22nd Bomb Group based in Australia, the second, 407th squadron from Rattlesdon Suffolk England.

PB100015.jpg

Paint on leather, standard sized patches(approx)
J

Edward

Bartender
I've been wearing a 77th Fighter Squadron, 20th Fighter Group, 8th Air Force. Patch on my A2 or a few years now...

77th%20FS%20(b).JPG

and I'm getting tired of people asking me if I like to play cards or poker...

What are some other suggestions that people won't ask silly questions.

Funnily enough, I've got the same patch on my Aero A2. It was only commented on the once - by an actor called Andy Nyman (quite a big name in the UK - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0638762/?ref_=tt_ov_st ) when I spoke to him at a stage door one night. He asked if it was a magic thing (an interest of his - he co-wrote a lot of the big Derren Brown stuff). I just said no, the jacket was a repro of a WW2 US flying jacket, and the badge was one of the fighter squadrons that flew over Europe in the Forties. Most people simply won't be aware of what these things are, and they ask out of genuine curiosity. If you have any patch on an A2 at all, you'll get asked about it sooner or later, I imagine... moreso if it's one of the recognised cartoon characters.

Looks like the last time he even thought about it was 8 years ago, but if you haven't yet, patch it up, that's what A2's are for.

From a completely unbiased source, that. ;)

(I'll be in touch via email very soon re my own order. :) )

Stand By

One Too Many
Hi Edward,
FYI, apparently your private inbox is unable to accept messages until you delete some messages and create some space. Thanks ! Stand By.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
While we're at it, who can post a good shot for reproduction of this patch? 66th Fighter Wing, 8th USAAF. 339th Fighter Group. 505th Squadron. Anything I'm finding online is just too small. This is what it looks like:

505th_Fighter_Squadron_-_World_War_II_-_Emblem_zps6c4d1c07.png
Thanks!

-dixon cannon

Worf

I'll Lock Up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart