Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I need a new patch for my A2

shamus

Suspended
I've been wearing a 77th Fighter Squadron, 20th Fighter Group, 8th Air Force. Patch on my A2 or a few years now...

77th%20FS%20(b).JPG

and I'm getting tired of people asking me if I like to play cards or poker...

What are some other suggestions that people won't ask silly questions.

shamus

Suspended
I want something that not everyone has. I like the disney /looney toons or something with a big fat bomb on it....

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Hmmm...

Here's a scan of a patch I recently purchased from Belly Tank. It's Donald Duck in a nightgown with a shotgun -- 518th Night Fighter Squadron. One of my favorite patches. Going to frame it, but there are pretty good quality repros out there. ZF

Donald.jpg

Chris217

New in Town
I dont have a picture of it, but the 349th Bomb squadron, 100th Bomb group (the bloody 100th) 8th AF is my favorite. Its Mickey Mouse riding a crude looking Pluto, throwing bombs.

green papaya

One Too Many
Chris217 said:
I dont have a picture of it, but the 349th Bomb squadron, 100th Bomb group (the bloody 100th) 8th AF is my favorite. Its Mickey Mouse riding a crude looking Pluto, throwing bombs.

349th%20Patch.jpg

this one does look unique :)

shamus

Suspended
thanks! those are some nice suggestions. I have the disney book on flight patches and might go through that again.

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
The book Shamus is referring to...

"Disney Dons Dogtags: The Best of Disney Military Insignia from World War II" by Walton Rawls. Out of print. Used copies available from Amazon sellers at $50.00 and up.

ANOTHER DISNEY REFERENCE: "Speaking of Pictures," Life Magazine, May 26, 1941. (Pages 10-12)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen