Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I need a pinup name but im confused please help me!!!!

therizyflapper

One of the Regulars
hello ladies!! :) I'v been into vintage for a long time and iv recently gotten into vintage modeling/pinup, and i know alot of girls have a pinup name, now my problem is i do more 1920's 1930's style modeling and ill sometimes do a bit of 1940s but Im more into the 1920's and 1930s, my inspiration is Clara Bow because iv been told i look alot like her but idk haha, I know the term pinup didn't exist until around the 1940's hahaha so I'm really confused, so I'm hoping you all can help me with me little problem haha i will greatly appreciate any help given. thank you ladies! :) here are a few pictures of me if it helps

028.jpg

012.jpg

A Color for you all
031.jpg

thank you

lareine

A-List Customer
Lovely picture at the bottom - I love how the red rose makes the red lipstick pop. Do you have any element you'd like to use in your pinup name, such as your real name or something that you think reflects your look or personality?

therizyflapper

One of the Regulars
hmmmmmmm well my name is Alicia and I'm Italian and very proud haha and I'm very into being classy yet seductive/sensual and I consider myself a flapper at heart like I swear I should have been born in the 1920's, and my Inspiration is the beautiful Clara Bow hahaha idk if that helps but hahaha and thank you soooo much hehe I'm really very flattered you liked that picture :) and anything helps haha iv never really been good at thinking of nicknames hahaha :p

thank you again,
TheRitzyFlappper

Last edited:

therizyflapper

One of the Regulars
oooooo that is pretty!!! i only worry people will equate me too much to Clara bow, what do u think? but i really do like that one! :) thank you haha if you think of any more send them my way deary! like i said im really bad with nicknames haha so i could use all the help you can give me :) :) thank you so much for taking the time to help me with this :) i truly appreciate it! :)

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Clarine Rose (a play on the name of silent actress Clarine Seymour and the word "Rose" is very 20s to me)

Billie Robbins (a play on the name of actress Billie Dove)

Billie Faye (sounds 20s)

Norma Naldi (a play on Norma Shearer and Nita Naldi)

Mary Manners

If I think of more I'll be back....

therizyflapper

One of the Regulars
Clarine Rose (a play on the name of silent actress Clarine Seymour and the word "Rose" is very 20s to me)

Billie Robbins (a play on the name of actress Billie Dove)

Billie Faye (sounds 20s)

Norma Naldi (a play on Norma Shearer and Nita Naldi)

Mary Manners

If I think of more I'll be back....

i really love these they are lovely! thank you so much!!!! im so grateful for the help! :) and yes plz to tell if you come up with more because these are great deary! :) you are amazing!!

therizyflapper

One of the Regulars
How about something totally different.

Like Rhonda Rose.

oh i really like this one as well!! i love roses and the smell of them! :) thank you so much! i really love the options iv been getting!! i am so grateful for the help! :) plz let me know if you think of more, this one is beautiful! :) if anyone can think of something very 1920's like you have been but sorta in Italian, that would be just wonderful! hahaha i really hope I'm not being too confusing hahaha [huh] haha again thank you so much for the help it is greatly appreciated!! :)

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
From my list, Norma Naldi sounds Italian. Norma evokes the "girl next door" of the era while Naldi evokes a vampy, sensual quality.

therizyflapper

One of the Regulars
From my list, Norma Naldi sounds Italian. Norma evokes the "girl next door" of the era while Naldi evokes a vampy, sensual quality.

ooooo that one is my favorite so far! :) its very different and sensual !:) hahaha i just worry because i know Norma can be a hard name to pull off haha or is that just me? and my boyfriend was like "I don't know if you look like a Norma" haha but he is a guy so he doesn't really know what he is talking about haha! :p i really do appreciate the time you are taking out to help me :) this little problem of mine has been driving me crazy for moths now haha thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much deary!! you are the best!!

therizyflapper

One of the Regulars
First names that were common during that time were Margaret, Virginia, Doris, Norma, Ruth, and Helen -- just open up any high school yearbook and these are the names of all the girls lol

If Norma is not right, try this list of names:
http://www.ssa.gov/oact/babynames/decades/names1920s.html

oh thank you so much!!!!! im sorta leaning towards the first names Alice, rose, and clara but idk what id make that into a good sounding name haha if those give you any ideas please tell me :) thank you again so much! you are the best!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

therizyflapper

One of the Regulars
oh thank you so much!!!!! im sorta leaning towards the first names Alice, rose, and clara but idk what id make that into a good sounding name haha if those give you any ideas please tell me :) thank you again so much! you are the best!!!!!!!!:D:D:D
I think I want the fist name to be Alice but I want to have Rose in it somewhere and I want it to be Italian sounding hahaha do u have any ideas with that?? :) thank you again!! i really hope I''m not being difficult lol [huh] thank you so much for you patience! :)

therizyflapper

One of the Regulars
How about Alicia Di Giaconda? A homage to the Mona Lisa (aka La Giaconda), and besides, it also means Joyful.

oh that is very lovely! I'm definitely keeping this one in mind! :) would you have any ideas on putting together Alicia and rose together but more well sensual and in Italian haha i really love the name rose and my name is Alicia but just plain old Alicia Rose sounds too drab to me hahaha it need more Ritz haha any ideas? thank you so much for you help!! :) I truly am grateful for the help! :)

therizyflapper

One of the Regulars
So if anyone can help me with with the name combination Alicia rose but classy yet sensual and exotic, i will be so grateful! :) and plz do tell me if you come up with different and better combinations :) hahaha i really cant thank you all enough for helping me you all are really amazing people! :)

Juliet

A-List Customer
If you'd like your name to have an Italian inflection and to contain 'rose', how about Rosa? Rosa Naldi, for example?
It won't be the typical modern pin-up name, but I have a feeling you don't want conventional ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass