Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I need a pinup name but im confused please help me!!!!

Every problem has a solution and I believe I found it. May I introduce...

Rosalicia di Savoia ;)

And if you want to give yourself a glamorous back story you could tack on more names. i.e.: Contessa Maria Rosalicia Josefina di Savoia e (insert your actual surname) :D

Last edited:

therizyflapper

One of the Regulars
Every problem has a solution and I believe I found it. May I introduce...

Rosalicia di Savoia ;)

this one is my fave option so far!! :) this is number 1 on my top 3 list right now! :) its beautiful and very sensual, I love it so much!!! you are amazingly creative!! :) thank you so much!! :) I'm so thankful for all the help you are providing me :)

therizyflapper

One of the Regulars
everyone is giving me amazing ideas i love all the creative ideas everyone is coming up with! but they still sound like a little bit more of a common names, if you know what i mean?:) i really adore these names allot and if you have any ideas to make them more of a ''memorable" names, something that would stick in peoples minds really good hahaha that would be awesome because i love these names they just need a little something extra, a bit more of a bang to it! :) for example Clara bow, Merna Loy, Jean Harlow. I love these Italian names everyone has came up with, especially Rosalicia di savoia!! :) that name is just breath-taking I just want them to be more easy for people to remember, something that would just pop right into your head :) so if you have any ideas on this it will be greatly appreciated! :) thank you all so much for helping me make this decision hahaha it would have been imposable for me to come up with any of these lovely names on my own lol so I'm forever grateful for all this amazing help i am receiving from all you lovely, helpful people! :)

lareine

A-List Customer
I think you are overthinking the "memorable" aspect. Names like Clara Bow and Jean Harlow are eminently forgettable in themselves! You only remember them because you are interested in the people. You are the person who will make your name memorable, not the name itself.

therizyflapper

One of the Regulars
I think you are overthinking the "memorable" aspect. Names like Clara Bow and Jean Harlow are eminently forgettable in themselves! You only remember them because you are interested in the people. You are the person who will make your name memorable, not the name itself.

haha thank you for pointing that out hahaha :p i think i was over-thinking that aspect as well hahaha :) what do you think of the name Rosalicia di Savoia? because that one is the one my heart is going towards :) haha and thank you so much for pointing that out haha I can be one to over-think thing quickly haha :p

therizyflapper

One of the Regulars
haha ok everyone :) so I think so far I'm going with the name Rosalicia di Savoia!!!! :) :) its beautiful and exotic and just perfect!!!! I owe the biggest thank you in the world to V.C. Brunswick!! :) thank you so much for coming up with this lovely name!!! I'm forever grateful :)

therizyflapper

One of the Regulars
Rosa Savoia sounds very intriguing. I vote for this one.

haha I loved that one as well that was the one i was choosing between, the only reason I'm leaning more towards rosalicia di savoia is because my name is alicia hahaha but is that a good reason? whats you opinion? :) hahahaha i really love both names hahaha now i just don't know which to choose haha

Juliet

A-List Customer
Well, I can only give you my opinion :)
I'd say pick Rosa Savoia if you want a more sophisticated and polished image. It's like the names of the performers of old, sensuous and a bit mysterious.
It'll be unique.
I can see Rosa Savoia replying to a reporter "Why, I'll only use pearls on my skin!" :)

Or Rosalicia, if you'd like a more modern, (dare I say , funky?), a brighter, more colourful image.

But it really comes down to what you're more comfortable with. :)

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
People will have problems pronouncing the Rosalicia name, which is never good. Lots of people will end up saying "that Rosalicia di Savsomething" model.

Clara Bow is kind of a dull, common name. And it was her birth name. Jean Harlow was Harlean Carpenter's mother's maiden name. Maybe a family name from your ancestry?

therizyflapper

One of the Regulars
Well, I can only give you my opinion :)
I'd say pick Rosa Savoia if you want a more sophisticated and polished image. It's like the names of the performers of old, sensuous and a bit mysterious.
It'll be unique.
I can see Rosa Savoia replying to a reporter "Why, I'll only use pearls on my skin!" :)

Or Rosalicia, if you'd like a more modern, (dare I say , funky?), a brighter, more colourful image.

But it really comes down to what you're more comfortable with. :)

hahaha very true, thank you so much hahaha that helps me allot :) i am grateful for your opinion it helps me see from someone else's prospective :)

therizyflapper

One of the Regulars
People will have problems pronouncing the Rosalicia name, which is never good. Lots of people will end up saying "that Rosalicia di Savsomething" model.

Clara Bow is kind of a dull, common name. And it was her birth name. Jean Harlow was Harlean Carpenter's mother's maiden name. Maybe a family name from your ancestry?

hay that is a really good idea!!! :) do you know how i would possibly be able to find my ancestors names without having to pay?? that would help me allot :) thank you so much!!!! :)

therizyflapper

One of the Regulars
So if anyone one knows how to ancestors names without paying for it??? hahahaha if anyone does, that would be just lovely!! :) thank you again for the help everyone! :)

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Do you know your great-grandmother's maiden name? Maybe you can use that as your "pinup" name. Why can't you use your real name? Most famous women in the 20s and 30s used their real names or used family names as their stage names. The only ones who used long, sensual names were the "vamps" who even invented entirely new histories for themselves. For example, Theodosia Goodman from Ohio became "Theda Bara" from Arabia. Winifred Shaughnessy from Utah became the "Natacha Rambova." Others just had unfotunate birth names, like Reatha Watson (who became Barbara LaMarr). Alicia sounds timeless. Pair it with an ancestral last name.

therizyflapper

One of the Regulars
Do you know your great-grandmother's maiden name? Maybe you can use that as your "pinup" name. Why can't you use your real name? Most famous women in the 20s and 30s used their real names or used family names as their stage names. The only ones who used long, sensual names were the "vamps" who even invented entirely new histories for themselves. For example, Theodosia Goodman from Ohio became "Theda Bara" from Arabia. Winifred Shaughnessy from Utah became the "Natacha Rambova." Others just had unfotunate birth names, like Reatha Watson (who became Barbara LaMarr). Alicia sounds timeless. Pair it with an ancestral last name.
oh haha that is true huh hahaha and that is a really good idea! :) thank you so much haha now i just have to find my great-grandmothers or great-somethings last name hahaha thankfully i asked my grandma and my uncle traced our family tree all they way back to the 11th century (he is a history professor) haha thank you so much for this marvelous idea! :) you are amazing dear!!!!

therizyflapper

One of the Regulars
I'd go through the family papers, ask relatives and aren't records kept in the City Hall or the local library?

hahaha thank you for this idea, i asked my grandma and she directed me to my uncle who traced my family history all the way back to the 11th century :) thank you so much for all your amazing help deary!!! i cant thank you enough! :)

therizyflapper

One of the Regulars
hello everyone its me again! :) everyone was so much help on this subject i really wanted some help for my friend! :) she isn't yet a lounge member but most-likely will be soon :) but she is just getting into the 194os style :) she is a very shy girl and she doesn't have much self-esteem even-though she seriously reminds me of Betty Paige hahaha! :) so i finally convinced her to try out some pinup modeling and i'm trying to help her gain some confidence and break out of her shell a bit and i love my pinup name, and she really wants one but she really doesn't know much about this stuff and i'm an indecisive person hahaha so i knew i could get some help from the wonderful people here! :)
For starts she is a curvy Italian dame with dark hair and eyes, so she wants something Italian :) her name is Kathrine but she doesn't like to be called that so she goes by kate, she doesn't care of her name is in the pinup name or not, she is a shy sweet kinda girl next door kinda girl so her name i think her pinup name should capture that and still have a sensual/classy factor to it :)
Here is a link to m blog where there are pictures of her (the fist time she ever dressed up vintage or took pictures like this so to warn you :) )

http://theritzyflapper.blogspot.com/2012/06/playing-dress-up.html

any help would be amazing! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn