Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I need HELP Cigarette Stench is Killing Me!!!

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Yea, thats what I am doing. But no more putting it in front of the heater, though I think that my new "old goat" survived.

Thanks for the tips guys!

I also use Motorex Helmet Care Active Foam for the liner of jackets. It is a product that works miracles for helmets and works nearly as well for jackets. Really great stuff...

Powerband

Practically Family
I know this thread is several years old, but I’ll comment on professional leather cleaning, in case some folks decide to go that route: NOT JUST ANY PROFESSIONAL LEATHER CLEANER WILL DO.

I once took an older jacket to a local leather cleaner and it came back saturated with chemicals and was still moist in some areas. The leather was softer but had a residue on it, and the lining was a different shade. Basically ruined the jacket. Got only a refund for the $70 service and threw the jacket away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HadleyH1

One Too Many
People here in my home.... who hated the smell of cigarettes.... made my life a misery....over and over and over....

So I quitted some time ago. No more, no more cigarettes for me.

miss it sometimes .....love the smell....love it.....I dread to go places and smell cigarettes .....the smoke reminds me of the past ... in my family dad smoked pipe and cigars.....enough said

So sad

Last edited:

zebedee

One Too Many
It's a weird addiction. I wish I'd been one of those people who hated the smell and never lit up again after their first cigarette, but I wasn't. Real fear made me quit.

That, and jackets were getting smoky.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I quit cold turkey about two years ago. Finally realized after about three days the addiction was beyond physiological and needed something to do with my hands, so here I sit typing with one of those stupid vape things.

Before I seldom wore my jackets due to fear of the stench on clothes. I too like the smell in the open however. Hope you are doing okay HD.

HadleyH1

One Too Many
I quit cold turkey about two years ago. Finally realized after about three days the addiction was beyond physiological and needed something to do with my hands, so here I sit typing with one of those stupid vape things.

Before I seldom wore my jackets due to fear of the stench on clothes. I too like the smell in the open however. Hope you are doing okay HD.

I have to say that I do vape too sometimes, no nicotine though, just flavor. But it's nothing like when I smoked cigarrettes.

HadleyH1

One Too Many
After smoking for much of my life I quit February of 2017 when diagnosed with colon and liver cancer. I'm like HeavenlyHadley.. I do miss it sometimes.

HoosierDaddy...I hope you get better and defeat that nasty disease.

((( Good thoughts and thoughts of Light coming your way! )))

Horace Debussy Jones

A-List Customer
In the game late here, but has anyone tried activated charcoal to remove objectionable odors? I went to pump some gas into my car a few years back and some lout had left the nozzle locked open. Doused my new shoes with awful stinking gas. I was not amused to say the least. So I did a bit of research online and found that activated charcoal in a cardboard box with the odoriferous item for a week or so will remove offending smells and it's cheap. You can get the charcoal used in aquariums in big jars at your friendly local discount store.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112