Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I need help with a Film Noir Movie

darkman

New in Town
I'm researching lighting for a blog post I am doing for my photography site, and it's about film noir lighting. There is one film I seem to remember, but I can't remember the movie itself. I thought it was the Third Man, but I just finished watching it and I don't think it is.

The specific scene I am thinking of is of a dark alleyway or street, a solitary shadow, very long and big, on the bricked wall on the right side of the scene. I believe the person is running, a chase scene, and the shadow gets smaller as the person approaches and finally comes into camera view.

Like I said I thought it was the Third Man, as there are some long shadows in that movie, but not the ones I am thinking of. Any help at all would be helpful.
Thanks
Darkman

darkman

New in Town
There is the scene when Holly sees Harry in the doorway, then Harry runs down the alley. If memory serves, the running shadow is very similar as you have described.

I actually watched this over and over and it's close but not exactly what I was thinking. in this scene, the shadow is running away from the camera on the left side. The scene I am thinking of is a shadow running toward the camera, on the right side of the scene.
This is really bothering me. I am wondering if I transposed the scene in my mind over the years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats