Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I need your advice, please, on mid-century sectional furniture

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
Here are some low-quality pics of our mid-century sectional set. It's four chairs meant to sit side-by-side to serve as a sofa.

We previously situated them against a wall, so they tended to stay in place, but now they're in the middle of the room so they slide around a bit, and it'd help us to be able to attach them to each other (but not to the floor) in some way that wasn't permanent.

Any thoughts on what method might do the trick? Is there a particular kind of clamp that would work underneath the chairs (you can see the underside of one of the chairs in the third photo).

chair1.jpg

chair2.jpg

chair3.jpg

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
A C-clamp or two at the sides should hold them fine. I'd put a thin strip of wood between the pad of the clamp and the chair frame, though, to keep it from marking. Spring clamps would also work if you can get one that opens wide enough, though they might be easily visible elsewhere in the room.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy