Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I tried something new, what do you think ?

Teabag1927

Familiar Face
Ok, so i have this wwII uniform, its a USN Officer's dress white uniform, with the choker tunic, well i have never worn it except to try it on, the trousers need to be dry cleaned and pressed, but i thought i would try them with my original saks fifth DB suit coat, and i thought it looked sharp, what do you think ?

: Disclaimer, i look horrible, my hair is not done on account of i have not readied myself for the day yet, and i look really red, i don't know why that happens but what can i say, i dont look this bad in person ! :p

Queen037-2-1.jpg

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
Marc Chevalier said:
My vote is for black and white spectators, rather than brown and white. Or better yet, navy blue and white specs.

Marc, Usually I agree with your fashion advice 100%. In this case, though, I'm not sure I do - although, navy and white specs would be truly out of sight!

My thinking is this: for most blues, brown shoes work really well. For white/creams, there is really no other choice than brown or white shoe. Wouldn't, therefore, brown/white spectators work really well to tie everything together?

What is your reasoning in choosing black over brown? Is there something I'm missing?

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
I have to agree with Marc, black/white spectators would look better than brown/white. The jacket is pretty dark and there isn't much color other than the tie.

AA304.jpg

Also, is it just me or does the jacket skirt look rather short? Could just be the angle.

I like it, it's a nice combo.

Teabag1927

Familiar Face
Or i could always just wear my black low quarter cap toe shoes with my original grey spats, like i always do ;)

as far as the skirt being too short, i think it's just the angle, it's perfect length.

Teabag1927

Familiar Face
Thank you Bill,

An atlantic crossing on my favorite Liner the RMS Queen Mary perhaps ? Liverpool to New York in three days of absoloute luxury, i'll take it !

Barrelhouse

One of the Regulars
The classic "Antibes" or "Yacht Club" look would be a solid dark blue blazer (SB or DB), white flannels, and white plain toe or cap toe Balmoral or black and white spectators. That look was so ubiquitous you can't look at a summer crowd shot from the 20's through the 50's and not see someone so dressed. You wear vintage very naturally Teabag and I think that would be an excellent look on you for the summer but I would highly recommend you not wear spats with it.

Cheers

Edward

Bartender
Sharp enough look to cut yourself on! Does anyone do a repro of those trews? I've taken to the whites-with-navy balzer look after experimenting with a cheap polycotton pair....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran