I used to live in a whore house!

Discussion in 'Your Vintage Home' started by Caleb Bogart, Mar 14, 2014.

1. bond_323

bond_323 New in Town

Sounds like your former house of ill-fame also has a playful spirit!

2. hatguy1

hatguy1 One Too Many

That could explain his "Whoooooaaaa!!!! I feeeeeel goood" and "I feel nice, like sugar and spice" lyrics....:censored:

Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
  3. Stearmen

Stearmen I'll Lock Up

I just realized, I own a Cat House! :D

4. Warden

Warden One Too Many

5. hatguy1

hatguy1 One Too Many

There's an old building in downtown Guthrie, OK that was - supposedly - a brothel "back in the day." Also, there's supposed to be a "secret" underground tunnel that led there from the old train depot (which was a frequent watering stop on the railroads of the day). Apparently rich and famous passengers "in the know" would kill a layover in dowtown at the brothel without having to worry about someone seeing them enter there from the street.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  6. Stearmen

Stearmen I'll Lock Up

Old Colorado City has some tunnels also. It was the Capital of Colorado Territory, but, when it came time to make a state capital, Denver won. Seems, there were so many Cribs, (rooms that prostitutes worked out of,) and all the railroad men, just way to rowdy! http://www.westsidepioneer.com/Articles/040705/CobwebCorners.html

7. Hat Dandy

Hat Dandy One of the Regulars

According to my mother, I lived in a whore house for a while. This term coincided with me living with a girlfriend my mom despised.

8. hatguy1

hatguy1 One Too Many

That's a good one! :laugh::laugh:

9. tonyb

tonyb I'll Lock Up

My dear old mom is similarly afflicted. If there is a woman in this world good enough for her precious sons, that lass has yet to show her face. Mom gradually came to accept, and even have kind words for, my lovely missus, as well as the gal my brother Mike left a widow. That took only a decade or so, in both cases. And she's on good terms with my other brother's first ex-wife (he's had three, so far), who is also the mother of three of her grandchildren. But more than a couple old girlfriends of mine kept their distance from the old gal. I never faulted them for that, knowing how it feels to be looked down on by girlfriends' family members.