Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I won a Vintage Royal Stetson jurano fedora for 15 bucks? Thoughts?

Leonard Leroy

New in Town

Leonard Leroy

New in Town
I wonder though, does it count as Porkpie or Fedora? The crown goes 4 1/2 inches up, which I think is higher than most porkpies.

Leonard Leroy

New in Town
Hey thanks.

If I get confident one day, how plausible is it to change that crease to center crease --- something more fedora like?

Leonard Leroy

New in Town
Hey thanks man, I'll definitely put up a WAYWT picture with the hat when I get it. Do you know anything about rebashing and creasing off the top of your head? Searches bring up a surprising lack of straight on tutorials on the process.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Welcome to the Lounge Leonard!!
This will be a bit of a challenge to recrease and NOT show the previous crease lines. At what you paid for it though, you can't go wrong experimenting. Why not get the hat first, wear it for a bit, then go for a recreasing attempt. A little steam, patience, and finger smoothing goes a long way.

Spellflower

Practically Family
Leonard Leroy said:
Is the quality of vintage stetsons equal or better to the stetsons i see available in stores for 120 dollars?

Here's an analogy to answer your question:

Vintage Stetson:
sjff_03_img1346.jpg

Modern Stetson:
justin-timberlake-2006-mtv-movie-awards-arrivals-09qLv9.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart