Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I Wouldn't Like To Work With This Cat...

Chas

One Too Many
Cover your ears, children....

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/q-ssZeOZkWU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/q-ssZeOZkWU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

B.G. was a bear to work for, too. So was T.D.

Chas

One Too Many
It's from "the Bus Tapes"; I don't know who recorded it, but somebody on BR's bus had the "record" button turned on while sitting on the bus. Reel to reel tape recorders were reasonably portable and were popular; one cat who loved his reel to reel and recorded wherever he went was Louis Armstrong. Of course, his tapes were quite light hearted and fun. There is a cd of Satchmo's home recordings.

I'm thinking that "The Buddy Tapes" date from the late 40's.

Rundquist

A-List Customer
I first heard this back in the 80’s. It’s been an inside joke in the musician community for years. It’s still pretty hilarious. Sometimes it’s better not to know about a musicians (or any other artist’s for that matter) personal life.

Frank Sinatra tried to rat out fellow musicians/artists during the red scare. Right before he had his resurgence, he figured that it was the government that had kept his career in the dumps.

ClassicMan1966

New in Town
Rundquist said:
Sometimes it’s better not to know about a musicians (or any other artist’s for that matter) personal life.

That's hard to do nowadays with 24/7 news channels on TV and the internet where dirt about celebrities is front page news.

Chas

One Too Many
Rundquist said:
Frank Sinatra tried to rat out fellow musicians/artists during the red scare. Right before he had his resurgence, he figured that it was the government that had kept his career in the dumps.

Hmmm. I never did like the man; something about Frank always annoyed me - but I don't see that in his record. He was one of the "Hollywood Ten" who refused to answer the questions put to them by the the House Committee on Un-American Activities (HUAC). What's your source? I'd be interested to know.

Rundquist

A-List Customer
Chas said:
Hmmm. I never did like the man; something about Frank always annoyed me - but I don't see that in his record. He was one of the "Hollywood Ten" who refused to answer the questions put to them by the the House Committee on Un-American Activities (HUAC). What's your source? I'd be interested to know.

It was a magazine from a few years ago. After somebody dies, the real truth is always revealed. Dang if I can remember the magazine, but it always stuck with me. It was at a time when he was desperate, still...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran