Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I'd buy it but I vowed to stick with 7 1/4

havershaw

Practically Family
MattDeckard, you're brave.

That white Stetson looks like a 50s hat. Looks kind of wool, too.

aha...just saw the 'rolling-and-laughing smilies' under your post James. I should have realized you were posting it tongue-in-cheek.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I think its a fur myself.

I'd wear it and like it!

I don't see too many vintage cowboy hats, and would like to find a good one from the 40's

I have a 60's Shady Oak from Peters Brothers but it's too tight and too 60's for me. I need to be wearing a plaid shirt and be clean cut in the hair department to pull it off.

Ok, how about this one?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8129956449
I know that it is around 22" according to the seller. It has an interesting sweat band inside, has an interesting color ribbon and what looks like the original box.
Yeah H, I was kidding. It might be fur, may have a Cav edge and it might even be from the 50s but it just doesn't do much for me but maybe someone could make it look good for them. ;)

Regards to all,

J

Originally posted by havershaw
That white Stetson looks like a 50s hat. Looks kind of wool, too.

aha...just saw the 'rolling-and-laughing smilies' under your post James. I should have realized you were posting it tongue-in-cheek.

Looking at it closer, it might be interesting to have just to check it out---that and it is my wife's size anyway. If it stays cheap I just might put a bid in. ;)

Well the White Wooly says it is "BEAVERX3 QUALITY AND STETSON" so.... The curiosity is killing me anyway. It will be worth it just to feel it and check it out. LOL

I would but it would ruin my rep as a person with taste

You have see the picture of me in the Hawaiian shirt haven't you? LOL LOL Maybe I will be lucky and it will have a Cav edge and money under the ribbon. LOL

Regards to all,

J

The lady tells me it is about 22 inches around the inside. That would be about a size 7; I think. She cannot find the tags under the sweatband but you know you would have to just about be right next to her showing exactly where they are with most "hat dumb" people. LOL

regards,

J

havershaw

Practically Family
Hmmmm.

I would go for that hat if I weren't saving up for a suit from Art.

That's a nice one.

I guess we'll see how the dough flows in the next couple of days.

In that case, I think this one will fit you:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14065&item=8130255095&rd=1
LOL LOL
These people are so ridiculous. That is a woman's hat not a mans! :eek: Could you imagine seeing a man walking around with that? :confused:
H, Portis hats are very nice if you get the right quality. The previously listed one looks to have a bit of quality to it. I will live vicariously through you guys that can find hats like that in your size.
I Probably have Herman Munster's head size--not just the oval. LOL

Regards to all,

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW