Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Identify This Tie

Sir Dobbs

New in Town
I recently bought a necktie at a local thrift store. It seems that I've seen it somewhere, perhaps an old movie. It's thin (about 2", no taper), made of a coarse wool and has very thick horizontal stripes in different shades of brown. The thing that is different is that the bottom has no point, but simply a flat cutoff. Also, the tag on the back of the large side runs vertically, thus making it so you couldn't put the large side through. It is made in W. Germany.

I may sound dumb asking for your idefication of this tie but it's bugging me not to know what it is!

Welcome to this week's edition of 'Wardrobe, Please'. As you recall, we last left our contestant, Baron Kurtz, at the thirty-two thousand mark where he successfully answered the question 'What was the average number of pinstripes on a 1938 Palm Beach suit.' But now he has to answer an even tougher question: Baron, do you want to quit or go on?

Feraud

Bartender
Baron Kurtz said:
I'm ready for the challenge! [pumps fists in air like moronic frat boy] hoooaaaaa
As I imagine the funky music from Match Game plays in the background..
Matchgame.jpg

Question: "Not only is Sir Dobb's necktie from the 50's but so is his blank.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart