Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If I hadn't seen it, I wouldn't have believed it!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
bognor.jpg

Does nobody check the spelling of public signs? Bognor is a seaside coastal resort located within West Sussex in the South of England and one of the oldest recorded Saxon place names in Sussex. In a document of 680AD it is referred to as Bucgan.

King George V so enjoyed the place that he gave Bognor the Title "Regis," Latin, (of the king.) On July 26th 1929 the "Regis" accolade was bestowed on Bognor.

How someone got the spelling wrong beggars belief.

KILO NOVEMBER

One Too Many
I'm trying to imagine the pitch to potential investors for these products. I can't stop laughing!

As to Tony's remark on low-cost alternatives, back, oh, 50 years or so ago, before flat screen TVs and remote controls, I used to watch the commercials. I do remember a product called "Nair", pitched to women who wanted hairless legs without shaving.

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
View attachment 613369
Does nobody check the spelling of public signs? Bognor is a seaside coastal resort located within West Sussex in the South of England and one of the oldest recorded Saxon place names in Sussex. In a document of 680AD it is referred to as Bucgan.

King George V so enjoyed the place that he gave Bognor the Title "Regis," Latin, (of the king.) On July 26th 1929 the "Regis" accolade was bestowed on Bognor.

How someone got the spelling wrong beggars belief.
Bognors the mind.;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn