Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If I looked like these, I'd be on sale too.

Feraud

Bartender
Though the sale ended awhile back, and we've already bashed these about in the past, I keep thinking back to that Thom Browne "Preppy on LSD" collection he did for Brooks Brothers...

Who can forget this: the patchwork seersucker suit!

bb1.jpg

Alas, I was unable to find a photo of the pièce de résistance of that collection the madras morning coat...

Now where did my purple and yellow oxfords go...
I'll see your gaudy and raise you some "rip your own eyes out" atrocious.
Men-outfit-937-zoom.jpg
Men-outfit-941-zoom.jpg

You can thank me later for the images I didn't post. ;)

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Men-outfit-937-zoom.jpg
Men-outfit-941-zoom.jpg

OMG these just reek of "sesame street" muppet looking clothing...lol!

"Oh Kermit, where are you"??? lolololo!

dnjan

One Too Many
Now I understand why models are so well-paid.

So they cannot say no when opportunities like the above come up.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
How about this semi-formal abomination:

Signature 3-Button Notch Lapel Tuxedo

I'm not claiming Jos.A.Bank is "high end", but they're certainly in the business of creating/selling suiting. You would think they should know better than to sell that thing. :crazy:

I think suits or tux looking like that, reminds me of what a cheap "customer representative" at the "check your bags in" at the airport terminal would wear. Tasteless and lifeless, no style very drab.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Now I understand why models are so well-paid.

So they cannot say no when opportunities like the above come up.

True, but, geez....I dunno if they could pay me to wear anything like that, not even on Halloween.....(weeeee hawww)lol!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Men-outfit-937-zoom.jpg
Men-outfit-941-zoom.jpg

I almost forgot to point out one thing about the bag this guy is carrying, I think it looks like he got mad enough, perhaps, a head is the contents...? And they had been so cheap with what they gave him to wear as it is, he has this "look Ma, no socks" thing going on here as well. Straight from that photo shoot to the Police line up for "felony ugly" clothing in public.....

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Interesting shoes. I would propose that they fit into your category, but also into another. The, close, but no cigar category. they are so close to being great. if they whole middle were cream, or light brown, they would be quite nice. And quite frankly, if I were given a pair, I would wear them. But they came so close, then missed the mark.

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Not my cup of tea, but I won't dismiss them totally. To the guy who is a really colorful dresser, and carefully coordinates colorful outfits, these would be amazing. Definitely not for the novice. I am talking about the kind of guys that show up in the New York Column of that one guy who photographs people all the time. there are some guys that could really pull this off and you would have to respect them for it.

I would nominate those not in this category, but in the wow, it would take a special man to pull those off category, and not in the euphemistic, bless his heart, sort of way.

Last edited:

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
True, but, geez....I dunno if they could pay me to wear anything like that, not even on Halloween.....(weeeee hawww)lol!

Hi

I used to own a Stanley Blacker plaid sportcoat that matched EVERY COLOR in the big Crayola box. $125 marked down to $20.00. I wore it to work one day. One guy thanked me for dressing nice, another fell out of his chair and probably wet himself.

That guy in the red white and blue blazer vibrates when I look at it. So does the similarly dressed girl. I couldn't talk to her long enough to get anywhere before I'd yack. Nice style, but the colors are JUST WRONG.

Later

Undertow

Those two are from Brooks Bros.
I will say I like the female option.
Women-outfit-962-zoom.jpg

You know, as much as it hurts my eyes to look at, I kinda like it too. It would be great for a festive occassion.

I think it's the difference in stripe size. The men's version is just BLAM in your face. The ladie's isn't so obnoxious (although...still pretty loud).

Undertow

I think suits or tux looking like that, reminds me of what a cheap "customer representative" at the "check your bags in" at the airport terminal would wear. Tasteless and lifeless, no style very drab.

I know, right?

It's like they've totally mixed up "suit" and "tuxedo", and then spawned this nasty...thing. I imagine there is some groom running around in this abomination right now with a 55% poly/cotton point collar "poplin" shirt and a shiny purple tie/square. And he's thinking, "Man, this dressing up for your wedding ain't so bad! Good thing they gave me velcro shoes!"

W-D Forties

Practically Family
I think this would be just the kind of outfit to wear to our dear Queen's Jubilee this weekend. Not on TV though, I imagine it would strobe terribly.

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Spot on. American Airlines 1976 Bicentennial celebration uniform. In a 100% poly easy care fabric of course. I think what makes it worse is the blue or black sweater underneath. Should be an all blue blouse.

dnjan

One Too Many
Spot on. American Airlines 1976 Bicentennial celebration uniform. In a 100% poly easy care fabric of course. I think what makes it worse is the blue or black sweater underneath. Should be an all blue blouse.
The thought of looking at those stripes walking down the aisle when a bit of air turbulence came up ...

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I just had to re-visit these pictures I need a side splitting laugh before going to bed....the gal.."Peppermint Patty"...and the guy...."Squirt Gun Malone".....hahahahahahah! lol !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran