Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sport Coat Advice needed.

sfend002

Familiar Face
Hello everyone,

I am in need of some advice. I am looking for a new sport coat and want something that is versatile as possible. I have a blue blazer and a number of suits but I need something to wear with khakis and a tie or no tie.

This will be mostly to academic events if that helps. I love the tweeds but I am not too sure about their versatility. I wear a 48/50 long fwiw.

I like some dark brown colored almost corduroy looking. Any ideas?

I really like this one

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=678&Product_Id=1473194&Parent_Id=217&default_color=OLIVE&sort_by=&sectioncolor=&sectionsize=

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

Richard Warren

Practically Family
Looks good to me. Be prepared to have to have the sleeve buttons sewn on. I have a couple of similar jackets that are pretty well made.

Feraud

Bartender
You cannot go wrong with tweeds or corduroy. I have both and find them extremely versatile. I prefer wearing a sport coat instead of a suit.

dwebber18

One of the Regulars
Yeah that sport coat looks fine to me as well. The tweeds are nice because they typically have so many colors in them you can bring out one of the subtle colors with a different shirt pants and tie combo each time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo