Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What color trousers with this sportcoat?

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
I picked this up at Brooks Brothers' seasonal clearance sale today. What color trousers do you guys think will work with this sportcoat, other than the obvious light gray or horizon blue? (the small pic is hyperlinked to larger pictures)

Mr Vim

One Too Many
I think you could wear the coat with a nice light brown pair of slacks, say chestnut color, or even a lighter shade. The contrast might look very nice. Plus because the coat has no contrasting color pattern you could go the route of a patterened pant, say windowpane or plaid. It'd be a bold look just to foreworn.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
I am going to second the windowpane, or a stripe to make it reminiscent of a stroller, although in a suitably country fabric. Some bright colored pants might work too. I had a pair of burgundy cords that might have worked with that well.

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
Good ideas gents, although I should have said I talking about combos for a super conservative office job. Burgundy cords might make the partners' and managing director's explode ;)

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Good call Mr. Vim and Yeps!

I have a pair of Ralph Lauren wool slacks in light gray with a small windowpane check that would like smashing with that jacket.

I think you could safely pair this with nearly any patterned trouser for a nice contrast, although I don't think darker colors would be as complimentary.

*edit - didn't see your recent post before I hit submit!

Super conservative, you could go with a plain khaki or gray wool trouser, no patterns.

SteveAS

Practically Family
Good ideas gents, although I should have said I talking about combos for a super conservative office job. Burgundy cords might make the partners' and managing director's explode ;)

Wow, I didn't know there were any workplaces here in the Bay Area where burgundy cords would be out of line!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
For the office: Any number of shades of gray lighter than the jacket;dark blue and black. Otherwise:Browns, camel, patterns, etc......

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
If argyle garners bad looks, I'd stick with two piece navy pinstripe and gray suits. That's it. No sense in worrying about a jacket/trouser combo because you'll never please them.[huh]

I'm only joking, it's not really that bad. My (perceived) eccentricities are seen as endearing. It's actually really fun being the flashiest dresser in the office.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran