Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If Money Were No Object...?

Levallois

Practically Family
Soft-shell crab from Maryland while in season
Crawfish from New Orleans in season
Kobe beef from Japan
Breads and Cheeses from Portugal and France
Olives and Vintage Port from Portugal
Wines from all over the world
Cigars from Cuba

Etc.

And, of course, my own private chef to prepare it all and 15-20 friends and family to enjoy it all with.

High Pockets

Practically Family
:D Yesterday money was no object.

This past spring I was fortunate enough to win a beef cook-off at which one of the many prizes was a two-hundred dollar gift certificate from what many believe to be the finest butcher-shop in the state.

Last night after building a nice fire from pecan splits, I quickly charred a couple 1-1/2" Kobe Steaks for my wife and I,..........and I have to say if money was never an object,....we'd enjoy that treat several times a month.

G. Fink-Nottle

One of the Regulars
I miss New York. So, I'd have the following brought in daily:

Pizza from Totonno in Coney Island
Deep-fried hot dogs from Hiram's in Fort Lee, NJ
Brooklyn Local 2 ale

filfoster

One Too Many
Where's the beef?

Elaina said:
A good steak. While I get it about once a week anyway (one of the very nice things about dating rednecks), I still never get tired of a near raw slab of beef.

Steak. With clam chowder or shrimp appetizer and lots and lots of red wine. Gourmet? Non!
Gourmand? Oui!

But you have to exercise like crazy to keep the weight off. That has a great incidental benefit: living longer to annoy your children.

WideBrimm

A-List Customer
If money were no object...I'd spring for bison or venison (or maybe elk), either steak or roast, accompanied by a large helping of my grandmother's hot German potato salad. For desert I'd have apple pie a la mode. Yum :D

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Norwegian elk, grouse, salmon and cloudberries. Foie gras, any cheese from the Kapiti cheesemakers, stilton, proper South African biltong, suckling pig and NZ Bluff oysters.

rumblefish

One Too Many
Smithy said:
Norwegian elk, grouse, salmon and cloudberries. Foie gras, any cheese from the Kapiti cheesemakers, stilton, proper South African biltong, suckling pig and NZ Bluff oysters.
I'm making pig for the day after Thanksgiving, Tim. If you're near by....;)

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
rumblefish said:
I'm making pig for the day after Thanksgiving, Tim. If you're near by....;)

I would love to Chris!

One of these days the better half and I are going to have to drop by your part of the world.

Foofoogal

Banned
I would offer a huge (like in Julia Roberts Pretty Woman huge) amount of money for a vintage cashmere beaded emerald green cardigan or ribbon one in a large full sleeve size.
Seems as elusive as the dodo bird. Just looked at over 30 pages and nada. Spent years really. lol

Valhson

One of the Regulars
Sorry to revive this but I just couldn't help myself.

Cafe Con Leche for breakfast with fresh fruit
Oysters on the half shell
Crawfish in season
Paella (really... This is hands down the top of the heap for me)

Bourbon Guy

A-List Customer
Jeeves would be typing this while I slump in my chair, drink in hand, and dictate, watching the words appear on the big screen on the wall soon after I udder them. T, Jeeves!!! T!!

grundie

One of the Regulars
Good quality wild smoked salmon on fresh free range scrambled eggs.

Farm reared smoked salmon isn't that expensive, but it just doesn't taste the same as the truly wild variety.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran