Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you could cast YOURSELF in one goldenera movie...

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
That thread in "The Golden Era" about which era celeb you look most like triggered my mind into thinking which celeb I would most want to resemble. That triggered my thoughts to which role I would most want to put myself into.

So, let's say suddenly they're remaking a movie from the golden era (hear me out) and the movie is to be an exact replica of its predecessor. By some freak chance, YOU are approached to pick which movie it'll be and a chance to play any role you wish, which movie and role would you pick?

It is really hard for me to turn down playin' Marlowe. It is doubly hard for me to turn down Whit Sterling in Out of the Past or Mitchum in Cape Fear. However, I have to turn to Johnny Guitar as my final choice:

Johnny-Guitar.jpg

Camille

Familiar Face
Greta Garbo in Camille.

My favourite movie. Ever. Makes your heart burst. And yes, I love tragedy. ;)

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
Alfred Hitchcock in all those cameos.

I don't need to act, I'm the director, and my infamous cameos would be copied and remembered the world over. The End.

SinatraStyle

A-List Customer
Hmm, tough decision

Part of me wants to portray Sam Spade in the Maltese Falcon. The other part would love to be Fred Astaire in any one of his many movies with Ginger Rogers.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Ronald Colman in "The Lost Horizon"

"Millions to make it ! . . . Two years in production ! . . . The best seller that set a new style in romance floods the screen with splendor and drama surpassing Frank Capra's greatest past achievements.",... "Mr Deeds" and "It Happened One Night".

Just a really cool story set in just the right time. :D

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Self Cast Film Role

Zorro, opposite the lovely Linda Darnell, whom I would marry,
"and raise fat children while tending my vinyards.":)

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Hmmm... I have to think on this. I have been Labelled a Bogart in Casablanca and friend once had me listed as Clark Gable in It Happened One Night on her Myspace friends. At times I have Thought of myself as a Jimmy Stewart in Mr. Smith Goes to Washington.

Though to pick one in which I would cast myself... hmmm.

I would have to be good to the core to mimmick Jimmy in Mr. Smith.

Tough and a hare arrogant to do Gable justice, and I'd have to learn the lyrics to The Daring Young Man on the Flying Trapeze.

Bogart... well to have a torn heart and try not to let it show, though everyone around can see it worn on your sleave. I won't elaborate on that character.

Perhaps Cary Grant in North By Northwest. If he were a real man and not played by Cary Grant he would be a drinking womanizing cad. Though I'm no Grant and don't think I could match his appeal. The character could only be played by Grant.

Connery in Marnie, I think, is a closer match to me, though that is for my contemporary friends to judge.

I have to think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn