Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If You Could Keep But Only One Of Your Lids...

GWD

One Too Many
This was a tough decision, I love them all like my children, but due to it's rarity and all the PM's I've received from people wanting to buy it from me I guess it would have to be the Stetson Week-Ender.

web.jpg

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Bolthead you are most cruel! and whats a pocket Borso?

Well I only have 4 real hats in contention and there is only one possible answer out of my Peters Bros., Adventurebilt , and 2 works of Art.
Simply because it is my favorite most prized hat and because of the meaning and thought put into it. And I know Art put a lot into this one to make it come true for me.:)

"Remembrance"

PC250087-1.jpg

Funny enough I requested a center dent in it but after receiving my Dark Moss from Art I liked his diamond so much I changed the center dent in Remembrance to a diamond and that one change sent it over the top as my absolute hands down favorite.:D

P5040012.jpg

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Indy....

I knew it would be your "Rememberence", hands down Brother. :eusa_clap

By the way, the "Pocket" Borso was made so you can do just that.....pop the crown open, fold it and put it in your jacket pocket if you wanted. That's what they did back in the day. [huh]
The felt on this hat is so soft and pliable/buttery.....it amazes me. To top it off, it's in like new shape as well, with original like new box. :D

AlanC

Okay, I've given this more thought than was pleasant (one hat--pshaw!).

The only answer I can give is my 'Grandfather Hat', the Adam that Art restored from me, making a Phoenix from the ashes:

Before
p1040352xb5.jpg

After (and see current avatar)
p1040527cm4.jpg

Now, if sentiment is taken out of it, or if you take the Grandfather Hat off the table, it would be (and yes, I'm cheating now) my thrift store Disney as refurbished by that Art guy again into an 'Aviator' style hat:

p1012089tp5.jpg

And if you take those two off the table, then...

;)

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
AHH, BOLTY, YOU RASCAL!

I've thought of this once or twice. What hat would it be if there was a fire and I could only grab one on the way diving out the window?..
It'd have to be my blue Borsalino Trionfo (that you covet so much lol ).
DSC_0040.jpg

bolthead

HarpPlayerGene said:
I've thought of this once or twice. What hat would it be if there was a fire and I could only grab one on the way diving out the window?..
It'd have to be my blue Borsalino Trionfo (that you covet so much lol ).
DSC_0040.jpg
You Bugger......:eek:

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
I don't have any hats of any great value, so I guess I would keep the hat I wear the most. Its just a non-vintage Open Road, but I wear it almost every work day, eight or nine months a year.

This photo is from a few autumns ago, when the hat and I were younger.

spanishneedles054-1.jpg

AF

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Okay I'll will post my one hat, but I am excluding my VS because I can't think of giving it up even hypothetically:rage:

The Whippet
stetson5zh0.png

MattJH

One Too Many
Nice thread. I have a paltry 7 vintage hats, and I'm not even attached to the first three listed, so if anyone is interested, let me know:

01) Black stingy Knox 20 in 7 3/4 Long Oval
02) Charcoal stingy Dobbs 25 "Golden Coach" in 7 5/8 with original box as well as a care pamphlet
03) Charcoal stingy Knox 20 in 7 5/8
04) Fawn stingy Brooks Brothers in 7 5/8
05) Brown full brimmed high crowned Dobbs 20 in 7 5/8
06) Brown full brimmed Herbert Johnson (made for Brooks Brothers) in 7 5/8
07) Brown / Grey full brimmed MacLachlan in 7 5/8 complete with tartan lining

I'm torn between the last four, so I'll pick the one that I think fits the best and is the most versatile -- the MacLachlan.

bolthead

Haven't checked this in awhile.....

Excellent choice Carter...

That's a sweet Lid Dumbjaw, never seen a liner quite like that before.....good choice as well :eusa_clap

Nice Whippet Bart, I see you're not alone....

Jimmy, JT, Russ and John, what can I say....Impressive choices. :eusa_clap

Kaleponi Craig

A-List Customer
Well, if I gotta choose...

I'd really rather have two, one for winter and one for summer. BUT, if only one, it's gotta be my Adventurebilt...

SSCN9097.jpg

but if I can also have one for summer, it would be my Montecristi fino Panama!...

sfukefest8.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy