Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If You Could Keep But Only One Of Your Lids...

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I know it would/could be an agonizing thought, but....if you had to make a choice in your hat collection, your entire collection, and you were told you can only keep but just one hat, which one would it be? :eek:

If you have a picture of it, please post it.....:eusa_clap

I thought about this a bit and wondered what would be a harder decision. In my scenario, I mostly have Vintage hats, which I love and I'd say 85% of them are Felt and the rest are Straw. My decision would be a hard one for me but I think I would choose My Gray Pocket Borsolino.

The other scenario is having Custom Hats. I think this may be quite harder having to choose just one, especially if you have more than one. "Alan" immediately comes to mind.

Then there's the lucky fellas that have both Vintage and Custom....Yikes! :D

Here's my keeper, where's yours? ( I have over 40 hats and counting)

PocketBorso.jpg

I hang it open crown because I never know what crease I wanna wear that day. :D

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Art rules.

If we're talking customs and vintage together, I think I've got to go with my one felt from Art. I don't see how anyone can choose something that they helped to design over a stock item, no matter how rare the item.
2530620885_0e1ceb6f7e.jpg

2530620865_f345dafbe6.jpg

If we're allowing for one custom and one vintage, something more pliable than a Stetson OR 7x clear beaver may exist, but I've never touched it.
(Yes, I'm still jealous of Dinerman's mode edge 7x ;) )
2530647773_63e1f00fc9.jpg

2531467100_4dea26b3d3.jpg

bolthead

Sorry Lefty....

Just One.....

That's what makes it so hard for Custom owners that have more than one, Like Alan say.......

I think this thread might be interesting......

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Then, without any doubt, it's the Art.
For the guys with multiple works of Art (I love that phrase), I would think that it's like choosing the better child.

MAB1

Suspended
Mine would have to be my Father's Stetson OR. It's about 30 years old so, nuthin special or vintage about it other than the fact that it was my Dad's hat.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
I'm with you MAB, the only real "keeper" is the one I made my father before he passed. It's just a Cuenca, but he wouldn't take it off, not even to sleep. Made me feel like a million and I wake to see it every morning. Everything else ( including "Works of Art") are just hats. :)

bolthead

Art......

Art Fawcett said:
I'm with you MAB, the only real "keeper" is the one I made my father before he passed. It's just a Cuenca, but he wouldn't take it off, not even to sleep. Made me feel like a million and I wake to see it every morning. Everything else ( including "Works of Art") are just hats. :)
Great answer Art, almost brings a tear to ones eye. :eusa_clap

DM, somehow I knew that would be your answer. :D

I'm anxious to see if and how "Douglas" will answer this thread.....

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
I can't do it!!!!!!!!One fedora? I just can't do it, just too painful to even think about. Just two-unlikely, just three-maybe, just four-okay, just five- I could tough it out.............Just one, how dare youlol

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Art Fawcett said:

That's a VERY special hat, Art. When you have a hat with sentimental value attached to it, not even another hat with the best felt in the world could compare.

As for the one hat I would keep...I'll have to get back to you on that. *Goes over to his hats and holds them tightly to his chest to prevent losing them all*

mingoslim

Practically Family
Although I love my VS hats by Art . . .

And my Stetson ORs are like my babies . . .
I I were reduced to one, it would be this c 1945 Dobbs 20:

dobbsc194005.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Bolthead -- Great idea for a thread! :eusa_clap

It would be brutal to have to make such a decision, but I know where I'd come out --
Stetson "Shady Oak" OR, 7X Clear Beaver:

Tiki.jpg

Liner-13.jpg

Liner-14.jpg

ShadyOakOR-3.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran