Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you could live/move anywhere right now, where would it be? Why?

Bernie Zack

One of the Regulars
Dreamsheet, in no particular order:

1) Austin, Texas -- Love the lakes, weather, and the fact that it is an upbeat college town. Lots of entertainment.

2) Savannah, GA - never been, but sure looks beautiful.

3) Carlsbad, CA - a frequent vacation destination for my wife and I. A more "mature" crowd than that found a bit further south at San Diego beaches.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Naples -- I have only been there once, but I loved it and would love to live there.
San Diego -- So I could be a surfer bum.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
No doubt in my mind. Here:

L1050678.jpg

Smack in the Chianti Mountains. Halfway between Sienna and Firenze.

Last edited:

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I would live on my boat sailing the Caribbean in the winter and the Mediterranean in the summer.

Do I really need to answer why...........

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Honestly, I think I would like to live in Santa Rosa, California. The vineyards are nearby, the downtown section is nice, and the the bay area close as well. If I had the means then I'd probably also open a haberdashery. With a cigar and brandy room.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Not sure, exactly, but I know I want to get out of the northeastern U.S., specifically the metro/NYC area. I want to go further south. I hate the cold. And the preponderance of attitiude around here has never been my cuppatea.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Oh, where should I start?

1) Virginia, specifically the Colonial Williamsburg area. Dream job to work there!

2) England - been there twice and I love it.

3) Volpiano, Italy (close to Turin)- that's where my great-grandparents came from, and I still have numerous relatives that live there

Georgetown, Penang, Malaysia. UNESCO World Heritage site, which means they're not allowed to knock down the old buildings, so colonial mansions can be had at bargain prices. The Eastern and Oriental Hotel is a fantastic place; so much better than that steaming pile of not-so-postcolonial angst they call The Raffles in Singapore. And they don't have Sharia law, so it's a part of Malaysia the Baroness will allow me to move to …

They have a marine station, so i'm working on a career plan that will take me there!

Last edited:

Danny Ocean

A-List Customer
There are a lot of places around the world, that I've been fortunate enough to visit, and could easily live in. But, one country in particular has always been my favourite, and that is Italy.

Choosing between Tuscany, The Italian Riviera, The Lakes, or any one of a number of locations, is even harder. However, waking up to this view on The Amalfi Coast, every morning, would be hard to beat!

Amalfi001.jpg

Amalfi002.jpg

Amalfi003.jpg

Gone to check the expiry date, on my passport...........

Danny O

rue

I want to move closer to Lake Erie (but still stay in Ohio) and buy an old farmhouse with enough property to have chickens :)

Or I'd also be happy living somewhere in the mountains in an antique log cabin with a huge stone fireplace.

Tatum

Practically Family
Or I'd also be happy living somewhere in the mountains in an antique log cabin with a huge stone fireplace.

Thinking on it, I could move back to Colorado in a heartbeat. I loved the landscape and the people. Also, I could wear my coats more often! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran