Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you said you looked like one celebrity from the Golden Era...

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
BruceTracy said:
I don't know what Golden Era celebrity I look like :( [huh] . Can you please help me out?

017-Mar092009-photo_0017-1.jpg

021-Mar092009-photo_0021-1.jpg

This is who I first thought of: Leonid Kinsky from Casablanca!

Kinsky5.jpg

Shirin

A-List Customer
Missy Hellfire said:
Well, here goes nothing! My last try I think, I am somewhat camera shy as I don't photograph well!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41069642@N06/3785449035/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/41069642@N06/3786256130/in/photostream/

Well Missy, I'm not having much luck. Your jawline is so unique, I just can't find anyone (yet!) that shares that same trait. If you can be a little more patient, perhaps somebody with more star experience can help. I'll keep looking though, but I need to break for now. Sorry!

kittypackard

Familiar Face
THEDA BARA!

Shirin said:
Well Missy, I'm not having much luck. Your jawline is so unique, I just can't find anyone (yet!) that shares that same trait. If you can be a little more patient, perhaps somebody with more star experience can help. I'll keep looking though, but I need to break for now. Sorry!

Oohhhh lovey-- if you're not a Silent Movie Queen, then I don't know who is! Your sensitive mouth, dainty jawline and large eyes have "20s Siren" written all over it. And when you focus on your eyes, well, if you're not just the ORIGINAL vamp Ms Theda Bara herself!

Ms Bara was film's FIRST sex symbol, mind you, and the mystery and intrigue conjured by those massive orbs of hers inspired an entire generation of starlets: Pola Negri, Gloria Swanson ... the list goes on.

Anyway, THAT is your Golden Era celebrity, my dear!

theda1.jpg

bara2.jpg

Missy Hellfire

One of the Regulars
Thanks for that, Kittypackard I think you just made my day! :D My dearest other half says that he can see what you mean and although I have a problem with looking at myself objectively, I thoroughly approve of your choice!

Shirin - Thanks so much for trying, I appreciate your effort very much! Don't worry, it really isan unusual jawline that I have; the 'pixie' face is something that I can blame my mother for and my little neice has it too!

Thanks again and I am looking forward to keeping up with the thread and seeing what comes up for everyone else :D

Shirin

A-List Customer
That's a great match kittypackard. I wish I would have thought of her. Well done.:eusa_clap
See Missy, I knew somebody could match you! Yay!

p51

One Too Many
Shirin said:
0402_haines.jpg

William Haines?
Wow, yeah, I see that other than the hairline. But after reading his profile, the similarity ends there as it sure doesn’t extend to lifestyles.
Still, I keep going back to Dean Jagger, although the hairline for his earlier years isn’t the same either:
deanjagger.jpg

Shirin

A-List Customer
DSC00845.JPG
hbogart3-66.jpg

from what I can tell, I would match you with young Humphry Bogart but its is really hard to tell because the photo is a little blurry & shot too far away. Also, the glasses makes it hard to see your real facial features.

cgab1

One of the Regulars
Missy Hellfire said:
Ooh, good one Shirin! Cgab, you should grow yourself a pencil moustache!

I used to have one, but I shaved it because now it makes me look older than I really am.

What a coincidence, though, because I love Errol Flynn. I think that he was extremely underrated as a film actor. He was a very talented man.

Cgab

cgab1

One of the Regulars
Shirin said:
Not only talented, but handsome & debonair too.

Handsome and debonair no doubt, but his talent was equal to his appearance. I'm not quite sure why people didn't take him seriously at the beginning of his career...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner