Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you said you looked like one celebrity from the Golden Era...

Mr. Sable

A-List Customer
carebear said:
For some reason lately I get Charlie Sheen, but I think it's more based on mannerisms and speech than real appearance. Conan O'Brien and Dave Foley as well, but that's just the cheeks and hair.

There's something Charlie-Sheeny about that second picture for sure. The first one I might say Denis Leary or Christian Slater.

Oh, and Lincsong... what's new, Pussycat? :p

jazzzbaby

One of the Regulars
I have enjoyed reading this thread. I have no idea who I would resemble.
Of course I get the bettie page reference although it's not what I am going for and I don't consider her 'golden age' and although she was a pretty gal I like the class & beauty of the hollywood starlets more....

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
ClassicIsBetter said:
Not from Golden Era, but people always tell me I look like Dr. House in "House." Resemblance looks harder on camera. On video it's kind of weird. Also note, I am at least 20 years younger than the guy. (I am 29)

Him:
house.jpg

Me:

houseimitation.jpg

While I can see why people would make that resemblance... I don't see it myself, except for maybe with the lip dippy thing. Hugh's is much longer though. Don't get me wrong, you are still quite a handsome and attractive guy yourself (oh yes you are), I just don't see the look-alike factor... :) That is a great photo none the less. Thanks for sharing. ;) :D

Now, I couldn't even begin to tell you who I look like from the Golden Era. Mind you, I get the comparisons to Marilyn and Jean, but I think that is mostly for style. Oddly enough, I do get compare to a few women who have played Golden era roles. As a brunette I was compared to Kate Beckinsale (Aviator and Pearl Harbor) more than any... when I went back to blonde it was Naomi Watts (King Kong) or Gwen Stefani (Aviator). I had one older gentleman stop me in the grocery (naturally I was done up raggity and homely - not my best day) and ask if I was Kate Beckinsale... and I couldn't help but giggle at the cute 11 year old barely being able to say, "Are you Gwen Stefani?" She was so star struck I felt bad that I wasn't! Hahahahaha... But my point is, I don't know who I look like from the true Golden Era.

I don't know if this counts, but round about town I am mistaken for Jitterbugdoll more than anyone! Hahahaha and she for me!

jazzzbaby

One of the Regulars
Ahhh...thanks. I do have a pic on my myspace picture page that reminds me of Barbara Stanwyck b/c my hair had that Double Idemity look to it.

However, I use to know a girl who was a dead ringer for Barbara...and the unfortunate thing was when I told her...she had NO idea who I was talking about. I told her she should check her out regardless...

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Trickeration looks like Evita Peron?

We have been studying the life of Evita, wife of Argentine dictator Juan Peron. She has so much myth surrounding her life and deeds. I couldn't help noticing that Trickeration looks a lot like her.

evita.jpg

0847820289.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

peron_01_evita.jpg

303363819_l.jpg

Naama

Practically Family
I don't think that anyone looks like me, except for my older sister..... I didn't wanted to believe it, but one day a girl ran up to me, kissed me on the cheeks and asked me when I died my hair, first I thought she's insane, but then she asked me if I'm my sister....... Though, people told me I look like Courtney Love (!!!!!!!!!!!!AHHH!) twice, Marilyn Monroe often (...) and Gwen Stefani also often (...) but that's just the hair and red lipstick.

Here's a pic (for the first time!), I look a bit diffrent in this one, and it's a few month old (was taken for an art project, so never mind the censorship :rolleyes: )

88.jpg

Naama

Novella

Practically Family
Lauren Henline said:
I see a little Barbara Stanwyk in you, Jazzzbaby.

I've always felt that you look like Barbara Stanwyck! Not Golden Era, but I also think that there's something about Kari Matchett (from the A&E Nero Wolfe series and also the TV show Invasion) that reminds me of the pictures you've posted on the forum.

Steve

Practically Family
Here are my latest results from the online thing:

7663_3092a7537e4463c1in01.jpg

I've been told I could pass for Matt Damon's younger brother, but I don't see it too much.

Caledonia

Practically Family
mysterygal said:
vintagediva.jpg

thanks Rosie! I seriously have NO idea what Golden era or present day celebrity I look like...anybody have any guesses?

Got it! A red headed Gene Tierney. I'd love if my parents had called me Gene!

tier37.jpg

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Girl Friday said:
Is the Little Rascals considered Golden Era?

The only celebs past or present (I've been told) are Lisa Bonnet and Julianna Margulies [huh]
Marcie.jpg

I think it is the hair. lol on all counts.

I think you look like Debbie Allen.
Allen_Debbie.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou